Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

No spark at all, I think its about the immobilizer.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019 | 04:33 PM
Daniel Boone
AutoX

Originally Posted by wyovino
What's the status of the Airbag? I see you have a code for it. If the system thinks the airbag has tripped, it disables fuel from flowing.
It turned out the codes that i got from the immobilizer were due to me cranking on a low battery. The fuel system is working fine, I found out the problem is that I'm not getting a fire signal from the dme to the coils.
Old 12-25-2019 | 04:38 PM
Daniel Boone
AutoX

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier. But I've tested the cam sensor on bank 1 by cranking the engine and hooting a voltmeter and see if it getting anything (which I did get a little bit of voltage.) I'm going to check it again today, and do a temporary wire reroute to the dme so I can make sure that the signal is reaching is good. (My crank sensor code was caused by crummy wiring, so that might be the problem on the crank sensors.)
Old 12-25-2019 | 07:00 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
3. Keys
When I got the car, I only got one key and I'm pretty sure that it is working. I'm planning on pulling out the pill and test the key by itself just to see if it will do anything different, but I don't think that the key is at fault. Also, the lock button works fine.
Daniel, my advice is to get the RFID inside the keyfob checked out or purchase another keyfob from Porsche and have them program it to the car. I know Porschetech3 is the expert here, but I like to rule out the obvious. I've read so many thread similar to yours and in the end it was simply a faulty keyfob not properly "hand-shaking" with the ECU which in turn, prevented the car from starting. It couldn't hurt. If you didn't want to tow your car to a dealership, then send the keyfob and immobilizer to ECU doctors. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2019 | 07:20 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

If there was a problem with the key, the starter would not be engaged as noted by someone else above. I believe you would need the car at the dealer for them to program the key to the immobilizer (actually they code the immobilizer to the key), so this would be costly as well.

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
Daniel, my advice is to get the RFID inside the keyfob checked out or purchase another keyfob from Porsche and have them program it to the car. I know Porschetech3 is the expert here, but I like to rule out the obvious. I've read so many thread similar to yours and in the end it was simply a faulty keyfob not properly "hand-shaking" with the ECU which in turn, prevented the car from starting. It couldn't hurt. If you didn't want to tow your car to a dealership, then send the keyfob and immobilizer to ECU doctors. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2019 | 09:01 PM
Daniel Boone
AutoX

Well, problem solved. The cam sensor connector was in fact swapped with the crank. The previous owner seemed to have the engine out and it was an obvious problem which was overlooked when I did a continuity check and the crank connector and it passed.
Old 12-29-2019 | 09:26 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Well, problem solved. The cam sensor connector was in fact swapped with the crank. The previous owner seemed to have the engine out and it was an obvious problem which was overlooked when I did a continuity check and the crank connector and it passed.
Seems like a pretty smart guy mentioned that in post 5 and again in post 7.(<<patting myself on the back "you can lead a horse to water"..

Glad you got it fixed !!!
Old 12-29-2019 | 10:18 PM
Daniel Boone
AutoX

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Seems like a pretty smart guy mentioned that in post 5 and again in post 7.(<<patting myself on the back "you can lead a horse to water"..

I'm glad I took your advice and double checked it. Thank you very much for that!
Old 12-29-2019 | 11:31 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well done. Good on you for posting the follow up here also
Old 12-30-2019 | 10:44 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschetech3

You are a SAINT, and such a valuable resource on this Forum!
Thank you for all you do.
The following 4 users liked this post by 808Bill:
cds72911 (12-31-2019), moburki (12-30-2019), Porschetech3 (12-30-2019), wyovino (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019 | 07:44 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

I'm glad I took your advice and double checked it. Thank you very much for that!
Originally Posted by 808Bill
You are a SAINT, and such a valuable resource on this Forum!
Thank you for all you do.
Thanks guys, your appreciation is the only thing that drives me to keep posting.
Old 12-30-2019 | 08:00 PM
Noz1974
Burning Brakes

Hi Daniel
I see you took my advice when I spoke with you on Facebook and asked the guys here!!
I told you they would sort it, actually had porschetech3 in my head for being the one to solve this one , good job ??
The following users liked this post:
Porschetech3 (12-30-2019)

Quick Reply: No spark at all, I think its about the immobilizer.