Original side stripes decals dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 03:40 AM
Gruntik
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Original side stripes decals dimensions

Hello from Belarus

I would like to put yellow 'Carrera' side stripes on my black 911. I've seen such stickers but they are abroad and the shipment to Belarus is going to cost a penny. So I figured if I had some kind of template or mockup for those stickers then I could ask someone back home to produce them using high quality vinyl. Does anyone know where I could get a mockup?

And what do you think would look better - just 'CARRERA' or 'CARRERA 4' ?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2019, 09:00 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,171 Likes on 749 Posts

Try here, you might have to search for a bit http://www.acromann.com/index.php?ma...3d0v2m130ebeu3
Old 12-06-2019, 10:50 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

They've used all different sizes through the years, so it may take you some trial and error to find what's "right" for you! FWIW I got the 3" "classic PORSCHE side stripe and think the scale is just about perfect. All I can say about the Carerra script is that I seen some that look almost cartoon-ish... I'm not sure if it's due to the size/scale or if the font is just a little "off"...
Old 12-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Gruntik
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the best what I managed to find. I have .AI file for this decal. It's for the original 911/912. The font seems to be the correct one. But the size will need adjustment for sure. Well may be somebody will help find the one better fitting 911 996.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 PM
dkraige
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

IMO that script looks wrong on a "modem" 911. More appropriate for older 911 or maybe 964. On the later cars it makes more sense to use a font matching the logo on the engine cover.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:27 PM
cun65458
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Try this location

Originally Posted by Gruntik
Hello from Belarus

I would like to put yellow 'Carrera' side stripes on my black 911. I've seen such stickers but they are abroad and the shipment to Belarus is going to cost a penny. So I figured if I had some kind of template or mockup for those stickers then I could ask someone back home to produce them using high quality vinyl. Does anyone know where I could get a mockup?

And what do you think would look better - just 'CARRERA' or 'CARRERA 4' ?

Thanks!

I've used Magna Grafik before and they make great magnetic decals, like what you’re looking for, that you could use as a template. Or you could paint these yellow, then apply some type of paint sealer to keep them from fading? Since they’re magnetic you’ll have few concerns with damaging your car’s paint or making sure they’re placed on straight!

Actually, I just checked their website, and they can run your magnetic decals in almost any color you want, including yellow.

Rick

https://magnagrafik.com/

Old 12-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts
Default I would agree, modernizes the thought

Originally Posted by dkraige
IMO that script looks wrong on a "modem" 911. More appropriate for older 911 or maybe 964. On the later cars it makes more sense to use a font matching the logo on the engine cover.
On the Magnagrafic site they have na image of how it looks, You have to search down further.

Model in the later stripe looks similar to Carrera T stripe set, Better looking IMO

Quick Reply: Original side stripes decals dimensions