996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Roller (another one) 4-SALE

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

From the seller> Salvage title was due to engine issues when a rock kicked up and broke a water hose camp. The engine overheated which totaled the car.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:46 PM
rechtien
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

I didn't realize insurance would pay if an engine overheated. How would you even prove it wasn't simply a mechanical fault?
Old 06-08-2019, 02:52 PM
AA717driver
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
I think what folks are saying is that the seller may have incorrectly stated that the title was salvage because the engine is blown. Assuming that this is just an engine failure, that obviously would not result in a salvage title unless there was something like a deep puddle and an insurance claim. It could also be that the title is already salvage, which is unlikely if you assume that the car was being driven on the road when the engine blew. Salvage vehicles must be inspected and issued a Rebuilt title prior to re-registration, so if it truly is a Salvage title due to something other than an event that precipitated the engine failure, it would be an odd situation indeed.

If it is Salvage, my guess is that he bottomed out and damaged the engine (oil loss, etc) or it sucked water, both of which could result in a claim that would render the title Salvage.
Gotcha. I wasn’t aware of the requirement/policy to reissue a salvage title as a rebuilt title. Makes sense.

TC
Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 AM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 399 Likes on 297 Posts

Every state does their own thing with salvage titles, that's why you can "wash" one if you re title though the right combo of states.
the one thing car fax has done is make it way harder..

Quick Reply: Roller (another one) 4-SALE