Window regulator Install HELP~

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 02:52 AM
dannyway
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Window regulator Install HELP~

Hi, everyone!

I have a question related to the lower part of the door on the very bottom surface of the door.

The window was tightly closed to the body (that the top of the window to the edge of the seal) when the part slides out or in?

Old 06-04-2019, 08:51 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 757 Posts

Sliding the bottom part of the regulator out tightens the window to seal pressure. Sliding the bottom part of the regulator in reduces the window to seal pressure. If all seems right with the old regulator position, mark where they are now and use that as a starting point for the new regulator.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Jaycote
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not sure exactly what your question is.....Are you trying to figure out how to slide this part off? Under the door, there is a rubber plug that covers the bolt that you need to loosen. Once you loosen that, the unit will slide out as normal.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:43 AM
dannyway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
Sliding the bottom part of the regulator out tightens the window to seal pressure. Sliding the bottom part of the regulator in reduces the window to seal pressure. If all seems right with the old regulator position, mark where they are now and use that as a starting point for the new regulator.
I forgot the mark and cleaned out.
After I installed the new regulator it seems a bit tight when the windows went up and down.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 AM
dannyway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jaycote
I'm not sure exactly what your question is.....Are you trying to figure out how to slide this part off? Under the door, there is a rubber plug that covers the bolt that you need to loosen. Once you loosen that, the unit will slide out as normal.
nope, Jaycote!
To adjust window's seal pressure properly.

Quick Reply: Window regulator Install HELP~