Opinions on pricing my 911

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:13 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on pricing my 911

Hey guys,

Looking for some input on what you guys think my 996 should be listed for....

2001 Black 996
56,250 miles

short shift kit

Upgrades:
19 x 9 fronts
19 x 11 rears

Fabspeed dual intake
Fabspeed headers
Fabspeed exhaust
Fabspeed bypass x pipe
tuned

body is flawless, no dents, dings, scratches......10 out of 10

interior is flawless, no rips, tears, cuts, 10 out of 10

Just looking for some help.....thanks in advance!!

Old 04-10-2019, 11:51 AM
mrdeezy
Banned

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Need way more info on options and service history.... Personally, I would take the tint out, put the stock wheels, and tail lights on. The market is very limited as it is for a 996. The way it looks cuts that limited market down about 90%.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:55 AM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrdeezy
Need way more info on options and service history.... Personally, I would take the tint out, put the stock wheels, and tail lights on. The market is very limited as it is for a 996. The way it looks cuts that limited market down about 90%.
thank you.....i have all the stock parts still.....nothing with ims........regularly serviced.........
Old 04-10-2019, 12:04 PM
MattBurns
Instructor

Originally Posted by JVannozzi
thank you.....i have all the stock parts still.....nothing with ims........regularly serviced.........
If you decide to put the stock tail lights in I would be interested in buying the Depo lights.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM
e90steve
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I would put her back to stock. Sell the aftermarket parts by themselves and then price appropriately for a low mileage 996 without IMS being addressed. Your personal tastes and mods are not what 90% of the potential buyers out there want. Most buyers want a relatively stock car, good mileage, impeccable maintenance and IMS addressed. By demodding and selling those parts, I think you have the best chance at maximizing profit. Possibly use the mod $$ to address the IMS and document it then you can charge a premium.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:12 PM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by e90steve
I would put her back to stock. Sell the aftermarket parts by themselves and then price appropriately for a low mileage 996 without IMS being addressed. Your personal tastes and mods are not what 90% of the potential buyers out there want. Most buyers want a relatively stock car, good mileage, impeccable maintenance and IMS addressed. By demodding and selling those parts, I think you have the best chance at maximizing profit. Possibly use the mod $$ to address the IMS and document it then you can charge a premium.
thank you for the input.....if i do as you stated, without the IMS, what would you say i could/should list it for?
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM
e90steve
Racer

I think with enough patience you could probably sell in stock form for ~24k. That's assuming, not excessive amounts of owners, no leaks, clutch still strong, brakes good, no accident history, everything checks out on PPI and condition is as you describe. Just a personal guess though.

With IMS I think you could ask 29, sell for ~27+.

I wouldn't take anything less than low 20's once returned to stock sans IMS.

Also depends on your options, what stock wheels you have, interior seats... yada yada yada. Get it back to stock, detailed and professional pictures.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:02 PM
mrdeezy
Banned

It seems to be in outstanding condition. I wasn't meaning to insult your modifications, I love to modify my cars as well. I just know how the people who buy these cars are. They are very picky. The option codes can provide a big price bump if anything interesting there. If it is just plane jane option wise and doesn't have any issues or stories and in great shape. Yeah I would list mid 20's and prepare to hear grown men whining like children about the ims bearing every call you get. It looks like you did a great job taking care of it!
Old 04-10-2019, 01:12 PM
e90steve
Racer

Originally Posted by mrdeezy
prepare to hear grown men whining like children about the ims bearing every call you get
It's funny you say that, but as a negotiation strategy on a private sale deal, it works. Guy I bought mine from was beat down by tire kickers and calls about the IMS. By the time I got to him he was willing to accept a fair offer to simply end the pain of selling.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:28 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 202 Posts

^ this is why I keep mine. I'd buy it all day long for what I could sell it for, which is less than a newish Camry would fetch.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Having the original parts is a huge plus. All of your mods are bolt on. I personally like the mods, except the wheels being black. Just too much black for me. I think 24k would be a strong price, in my opinion, but you may find a buyer at that level if you hold out.

Since it is possible you have the single row IMS bearing, as a buyer, I would factor in replacing it soon after I purchased the car.

If you include a picture of the original parts layed out on the driveway, that would be a plus when you are selling it.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:02 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

I currently have 2004 for sale, the big differences being its a cab but otherwise black on black. It is in excellent shape, 61k miles, water pump done in that last 5k miles, heater core recently replaced. I have it listed at 26k and have had very little interest. The two that have messaged me wouldn't even come look at it because of the IMS bearing. I understand that to a degree but it's not like that cannot be negotiated on concerning price. Maybe I don't have it listed in enough places.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

I think you'd be hard pressed to sell it at 24K without coming down significantly. What cars list for and what they sell for are two different things. If you want a quick sale, you're going to have to be at $20K and you might even get your asking price. But you want people to inquire about it.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM
mrdeezy
Banned

I have sold so many cars in my life, they all bring their own type of buyer. The Porsches are always a nightmare for me. People just generally don't need them and they are almost always second cars as well.
Unless its a special color or option package it could take a long time to sell. I follow the market and I see cars up for sale for 6 months to a year and it's pretty normal. Unless its priced to sell you are going to get
the picky buyers and people who want deals. Personally, I just put these types of cars and Bring A Trailer. The one week is going to busy, but at the end the car will be gone and its over with. Just a real clean, quick transaction and you will probably get a little more than the local craigslist bozo will pay.

Last edited by mrdeezy; 04-10-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:16 PM
e90steve
Racer

Originally Posted by motoo344
I currently have 2004 for sale, the big differences being its a cab but otherwise black on black. It is in excellent shape, 61k miles, water pump done in that last 5k miles, heater core recently replaced. I have it listed at 26k and have had very little interest. The two that have messaged me wouldn't even come look at it because of the IMS bearing. I understand that to a degree but it's not like that cannot be negotiated on concerning price. Maybe I don't have it listed in enough places.
Cab is never going to command what a coupe does for 911's.

Things this car has going for it: Mileage, Manual, Condition, Coupe and Color
Soon to come plus: OEM
Options: Unknown
Negative: IMS, MK1(Negative to some)

Once reconfigured to OEM specs I see no problem pricing a low mileage 996 at mid 20's but don't expect it to fly off the shelf. Finding the right buyer is key and setting up the car to appeal to everyone is a priority. I would think 20-22k it would be a great buy. (Also consider the $$$ from selling the parts. At least 3-4k worth of used parts there to sell on rennlist.

Quick Reply: Opinions on pricing my 911