RENNKIT™ Carrera 4S Cal*Cool™ Brake Cooling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:37 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbren1979
Are we viewing the same PET? Nowhere is the word "upright" used. I would agree with you that people sometimes call it an upright. No different than in a junkyard the entire assembly is known to be called a "knee".
Incorrect, hit the link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pors...w=1347&bih=721
Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I hit the link. The only thing it proved is you have little knowledge. Lets make this simple so you dont get confused again. I know its hard to keep up with the big boys. But will try for you

I pointed out a incorrect statement in Daves website.

Dave, not me, stated the Porsche PET said something it did not.

I proved with the pictures from the Porsche PET in post 5 it is clearly labeled as a wheel carrier.

I agreed with you. Some people (not porsche) call it an upright. Some call it a kneee. Some call it a knuckle. Call it an aluminum bat for all i care.

The point was and still is dave and you both claim in the porsche PET that it is described as something it is not.

Did ya keep up that time or should i draw a picture with stick figures.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Want more links? On google people call it anything they want too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pors...h=721&biw=1347

Or

https://www.google.com/search?q=pors...h=721&biw=1347
Old 04-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

The only way to get reliable data is to conduct it in a controlled environment and the race track is not one. There are too many uncontrolled variables that can influence the outcome. And then there is the controllable one (the driver). If they want, they can easily be just a touch lighter/harder on the brakes and the temperature numbers will be different between tests. If the vendor can't test it in a controllable and repeatable fashion then the claim can't be substantiated and should not be used to sell this product. A lack of proof is not evidence and "I believe" or "logically it should" is not a proof. Also, just because the vendor is selling other products that are proven to be good, has no bearing on this one. Since he claimed that this spaces cools the calipers more than other products then the burden is on him to prove it with valid data.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 PM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

i'll guarantee you that his brakes will run cooler. and i don't even need to use my degree in mechanical and nuclear physics to do it.

larger rotors = more cooling.

sure, you get more torque from the longer moment arm on a larger diameter rotor, but the biggest benefit is the bigger heat sink from the larger mass of steel and the additional cooling from the fact that it is spinning in air.

do the weird little fins do anything? doubt it. i've seen finned inserts between brake pads and caliper pistons, where the intent was to try and capture heat before it got to the brake fluid, but this? this seems like some really expensive spacers.

ps, in the real world (and not the PET where some of the naming is way off) upright and wheel carrier are used interchangeably.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:42 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Wow, you guys beating up on RennKit-Dave? It really is a tough crowd.

He's been around on Rennlist and in the Porsche community for a long, long time. Has earned his stripes many times over engineering great products and providing great customer service. I put $1,700 worth of spoiler actuators on my car back in 2016, and I'd rank it as one of the top 3 mods I've ever done on any of my cars. He knows these cars forward and backward. You might want to see some of the comments from others he's worked with before you're too hard on him. Here's my review of the eRam product, complete with lots of comments from other Rennkit customers:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-eram-kit.html

As for providing data, if he says he's going to do it, then he'll do it. If you don't like the methodology he's using, then stick with the stock system and save your $$. No need to beat up on him - Dave's one of the good guys on Rennlist.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by GWIT996F
........As for providing data, if he says he's going to do it, then he'll do it. If you don't like the methodology he's using, then stick with the stock system and save your $$. No need to beat up on him - Dave's one of the good guys on Rennlist.
This has nothing to do with liking or not liking. Is the data valid or not, that's all that matters and the method it is captured makes the difference. When you are claiming something, you need to back it up with scientific data. Data that cam be validated and checked/approved by others. This is just how science works.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:20 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 544 Posts

What a train wreck this turned in to!
Old 05-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
......The data will be posted once I have it, latest toward end of this month.
It's now the end of the next month. Have the data?
Old 05-24-2019, 01:32 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,013 Posts

after reading through this thread i'm ready for pay-per-view rennlist contributor boxing.

Quick Reply: RENNKIT™ Carrera 4S Cal*Cool™ Brake Cooling Kit