2001 C4 frunk help please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 04:45 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2001 C4 frunk help please.

Greeitings,

I recently had fifty pounds of ghetto stereo removed from my Frunk. I have purchased the foam jack and jack handle holder that inserts into the spare tire in the bottom of the Carrera 4 Frunk, and the carpeted cover from Porsche. However, I'm not really sure if my Carrera 4 came from the factory with the foam jack insert in the spare tire. Maybe the foam insert is for Carrera 2? The reason I say that is carpeted factory cover doesn't sit down over the spare level with the foam jack insert into the spare tire. Does anyone have any pictures of how this is suppose to look? I need a little help as to it's original configuration please.

Fifty pounds of ghetto junk removed and the stereo sounds amazing again back to factory components!

Please help!

Thank you

Eric

I don't have a pictures of the factory Frunk cover installed and the foam spare tire jack cover piece but it doesn't change anything as I am still unsure if any of it is correct.

Last edited by hartmn; 03-04-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:38 PM
parris
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

If I am not wrong, the 4 models come with collapsible spare tire, instead of the regular spare tire. I think that they don't have the foam thing, but I would have to check when I am at home. I think that mine looks exatly like this

What I am sure, is that the cover sits totally flat.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by parris
If I am not wrong, the 4 models come with collapsible spare tire, instead of the regular spare tire. I think that they don't have the foam thing, but I would have to check when I am at home. I think that mine looks exatly like this

my spare and tools look the same.......04 C4S
Old 03-04-2019, 07:16 PM
GH996
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Or live on the edge and use this instead of a spare tire.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...96GT3FOAM.html
Old 03-05-2019, 02:48 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

** PSA ** The foam insert DOES NOT FIT under the spare tire cover of the C4! Ask me how I know? Nah, don't bother!!! Take my word for it... I just sold the one I bought about a year ago on ebay to a fellow rennlister BTW, good call getting rid of the "ghetto sound system" ! Can I assume it wasn't "audiophile grade"?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:01 PM
GH996
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
** PSA ** The foam insert DOES NOT FIT under the spare tire cover of the C4! Ask me how I know? Nah, don't bother!!! Take my word for it... I just sold the one I bought about a year ago on ebay to a fellow rennlister BTW, good call getting rid of the "ghetto sound system" ! Can I assume it wasn't "audiophile grade"?
It fits in my C2 but looking closer at the product description from Suncoast, it does say only for rear wheel drive cars.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Not that I have definitive proof, but I agree with GH996. The parts listings I have do not show a number specific for the C4. My plan, when I sort out the jack and compressor situation, will be to cut up some Kaizen foam to fit inside the spare wheel and compartmentalize the various items. Prefer not to have that stuff flopping around. When I get to it, it will be in the 125,000 mile "tune up" thread I am using to document the work on my new toy.

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2019, 01:36 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Originally Posted by parris

Parris is correct on this configuration of the spare tire and tools. I removed the foam piece and place the tire jack and handle in the yellow bag that came with them, and the pump and tool bag in the spare tire as shown in the photo. And now the carpeted bottom floor piece fits perfectly! I don't why I thought this was a part I needed but Porsche of South Bay said they would take the foam part back and give me a refund. Thanks to you all. I love my Frunk again as it is a usable space and no more crappy ghetto stereo!

Such junk in the Frunk!

Eric
Old 03-07-2019, 09:08 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

No foam, photo above posted by parris above shows factory set up.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:26 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by SKM
No foam, photo above posted by parris above shows factory set up.

^^ This ^^ The jack gets wrapped up in the yellow felt bag... nothing "flops around"...
Old 03-08-2019, 06:05 PM
professorman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Your car is beautiful in white.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:25 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Default Beautiful in white

thank you sir I think it’s one of the reasons I purchased the car! I’m such a white car person. I polished and detailed it back to life!

Quick Reply: 2001 C4 frunk help please.