Sponsored by:

New owner 03 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 10:34 PM
mtnroads
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Default New owner 03 C4S

Happily reporting the purchase of an 03 C4S. It's Seal Gray over black full leather.
I shopped Craigslist, Cars.com, Cargurus, Autotrader, etc. It was amazing how many sellers don't respond quickly or at all there. But.... I found my car on Rennlist, thereby ending a 4 month search. In the process, I learned a lot from these pages, and I'm very grateful. You owners are great! I will visit often.
I am planning a few DIY projects: cleaning leaves from the radiators, fixing a crack in the carbon fiber steering wheel and removing the rear bumper for a repaint.
Any tips or shortcuts on those projects?????
Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 194 Posts

Congrats and post up some pics of the new wheels! Not really a shortcut but since you'll have the bumper off for a respray, do the rads at the same time.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:47 AM
mtnroads
Instructor

That's me wearing the grin. I had just cleaned up the car after a 6 hour drive home. Looking forward to many more sunny day drives!

in a storm.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:25 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 416 Posts

Nice! Interesting how those slats in the rear bumper really make the car look different than the standard C2.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:55 PM
parris
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to the 4S Club!

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Nice! Interesting how those slats in the rear bumper really make the car look different than the standard C2.
In addition to the bumpers, something that I think it changes a lot the lateral view, are the lower rocker panels on the 4S regarding the regular carreras. It gives a different to the shape of the body on the lower line.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:26 PM
montauk
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent!!! I bought my 04 C4S a couple of months ago. I've still got to get to those radiators!!!! I've been spending too much time driving it, about 3000 miles so far.

Best of luck with it!

Dave
Old 01-15-2019, 01:34 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Cleaning rads: Don't disconnect the AC evaps, they will hang out of the way carefully. Blow and wash from the back toward the front of the rads. Use compressed air and also a pressure washer set on a modest setting, not full blast. Blow out the evaps the same way while on the car. Now is a good time to investigate the center rad option if your car doesn't have it, and it's not a tip car. Center rad, and low temp thermo are the best upgrades I did to my car.

Congrats, not my choice in color, but looks like you did just fine.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:37 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Welcome to the "madness"!
Old 01-15-2019, 03:07 PM
mtnroads
Instructor

Nice to be welcomed. Thanks.
Can anyone tell me why I keep walking into my garage without purpose??? When it comes to Porsches, I've become a butt man. Hence, the widebody is my choice.
The rocker panels never caught my eye until test driving. Another unique feature.
Great tip about cleaning the rads from the rear. Thank you docmirror.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:16 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

You'll find yourself checking on it before you go to bed. You'll read RL posts over and over... and lots of books on the 911 before sleeping. When you try to go to sleep, you'll continue to think about the flat 6 power and driving it around open mountain roads. You might even find yourself just sitting in it at odd times throughout the day. It's all about the experience. Welcome!
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
You'll find yourself checking on it before you go to bed. You'll read RL posts over and over... and lots of books on the 911 before sleeping. When you try to go to sleep, you'll continue to think about the flat 6 power and driving it around open mountain roads. You might even find yourself just sitting in it at odd times throughout the day. It's all about the experience. Welcome!
Thanks nutty, I feel much better now, or is it that we're all just the same insane?
Old 01-16-2019, 02:39 PM
NE1N-11
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnroads
Happily reporting the purchase of an 03 C4S. It's Seal Gray over black full leather.
I shopped Craigslist, Cars.com, Cargurus, Autotrader, etc. It was amazing how many sellers don't respond quickly or at all there. But.... I found my car on Rennlist, thereby ending a 4 month search. In the process, I learned a lot from these pages, and I'm very grateful. You owners are great! I will visit often.
I am planning a few DIY projects: cleaning leaves from the radiators, fixing a crack in the carbon fiber steering wheel and removing the rear bumper for a repaint.
Any tips or shortcuts on those projects?????
Thanks again.
Congrats on the new ride! I myself am still debating cleaning out my rads but I only have around 12,500 miles on mine. Good luck with it!!!!

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
I'm glad I'm not the only one.... I was keeping this to myself for fear of being ridiculed.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:14 PM
AA717driver
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Thanks nutty, I feel much better now, or is it that we're all just the same insane?
We’re all the same insane. Something about the 996...

TC
Old 01-16-2019, 04:21 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AA717driver
We’re all the same insane. Something about the 996...
Cause and effect are hard to parse through.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Horsepwr
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome, you look so happy !!!! Thats awesome. Enjoy it man.

Oh and just watch out for that finicky IMS... LMAO just kidding

Quick Reply: New owner 03 C4S