Sponsored by:

Well that AOS went from OK to bad quickly

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:40 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
Even the Porsche branded AOS's have been known to be bad right out of the box...I remember reading a thread a year or two ago where JR said he had gotten a high rate of failures (like 2 out of 3 or something along those lines) and he only uses the factory AOS
I would love to know what Raby uses from the factory and what he discards as well as what he creates himself when "reconstructing" these motors.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
I would love to know what Raby uses from the factory and what he discards as well as what he creates himself when "reconstructing" these motors.
It's all on his website. Most/all of his "upgrades" are to the internals of the engine. Nickies (cylinders), pistons, rings, connecting rods/bolts, timing chains. timing chain paddles, valve guides, head porting, (head work/valves etc. depends on type of build) head bolts, low temp thermostat, oil pump drive, etc... Ancillary items such as water pump, AOS, oil cooler, idler pulleys, coolant expansion tank etc. are all factory
Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
It's all on his website. Most/all of his "upgrades" are to the internals of the engine. Nickies (cylinders), pistons, rings, connecting rods/bolts, timing chains. timing chain paddles, valve guides, head porting, (head work/valves etc. depends on type of build) head bolts, low temp thermostat, oil pump drive, etc... Ancillary items such as water pump, AOS, oil cooler, idler pulleys, coolant expansion tank etc. are all factory
What's in his special sauce? And, don't tell me thousand island dressing mister!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:19 AM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
What's in his special sauce? And, don't tell me thousand island dressing mister!
You can find out here:
http://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/in...ngine-classes/

Quick Reply: Well that AOS went from OK to bad quickly