Sponsored by:

Just installed PSE...first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:19 PM
e46 M3 owner...for now
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed PSE...first impressions

So, I picked up the car after having the PSE installed (w/o all the wiring,etc). I've driven the car about 20 miles with it in place, back roads, etc. in upstate NY, temp of 13 degrees F.

Prior to today, I've had the straight pipes the whole time I've had the car (1 month) except for a couple days with the stock exhaust.

clearly, this is better than stock...maybe it should've been stock.

The sound isn't really very loud. in a downtown area with walls off of which the sound can echo, the car does have a nice rumble to it. It was louder with the window down than I expected. Under full acceleration, nice sound, not too loud, but enough to know there's something back there. Cruising around, it is very muted compared to straight pipes.

In fact, as one would expect, it is extremely muted compared to the straight pipes. I think there will be days when I miss the absolute rawness of the straight pipes. However most of the time, I think I'll appreciate the in between sound.

I was hoping that the PSE would be a nice sound level between the straight pipes and the stock exhaust. I think the PSE is more toward stock than toward the pipes. If the stock is a 1, straight pipes 10, then this might be a 4.

I think I'd prefer a 6 if there's something like that out there.

I'll try to get better used to this PSE, but I really liked the straight pipes. Aside from sound, I do feel like I gave away some ponies, but that's to be expected.

Anyway, I like the PSE and I think it'll grow on me more...
Old 02-03-2004, 07:46 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

did u buy your setup from the dealer? i'm having trouble on deciding on PSE or RoW M030 for my first mod.

have fun.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Just installed PSE...first impressions

Originally posted by e46 M3 owner...for now

I think I'd prefer a 6 if there's something like that out there.

Let someone else drive your car while you follow... suddenly your "4" will be an "8".
Old 02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
e46 M3 owner...for now
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by oalvarez
did u buy your setup from the dealer? i'm having trouble on deciding on PSE or RoW M030 for my first mod.

have fun.

i bought from brandywine porsche (dealer) in PA b/c i heard about their discounted prices.

i think mine was 1595 although they sold for cheaper earlier...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:27 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Re: Just installed PSE...first impressions

Originally posted by RJFabCab
Let someone else drive your car while you follow... suddenly your "4" will be an "8".
Yes, people have said that about my car lately. That kind of makes me regret it a little, I was really was looking for a 4, not an 8. Inside the cabin, it's more like a 4.

Quick Reply: Just installed PSE...first impressions