Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Danmar M6.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 AM
bangsters
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Congratulations. Nicely done. Once you go with an actual lift you won't know why you waited so long. We are fortunate to have a lot of variety to choose from.

Mine is in a nine foot ceiling with a 22 by 23 foot floor.

There are lots of 4100 lumen 5000K 2 bulb by four feet fixtures on the web (about $25 each) to bring daylight into your work space.
Both car and lift look great. Question though, are there added supports on the lift to prevent it from tipping over or the bolts to the ground are the only ones keeping it upright?
Old 11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Bolts into anchors embedded in the concrete are the only thing holding it up.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:18 AM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cds72911

I could be wrong, but I think the MaxJax is the original version I had. It isn’t ALI certified and doesn’t have an automatic locking mechanism.
Ah! Ok. They've rebranded their ALI certified product. There used to be MaxJax standard, and then another one that was more expensive and featured ALI certification and auto locking. I forget what they called it, but the naming was confusing enough that I contacted support to better understand the differences. It looks like I wasn't alone, so they renamed it the Dannmar M-6.

Very cool! I hope to get one sooner or later. Also, thanks for posting the width that you set the posts apart.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:44 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Bolts into anchors embedded in the concrete are the only thing holding it up.
It's worth mentioning that the concrete where your posts are needs to have a minimum compression strength of 3000psi and minimum 4" thick.

Max capacity of this lift is only 6000 lbs. The PD58 wej-it anchors are listed as having a 16,500lb ultimate tensile strength in 4000 psi concrete. Working loads should be kept to under 4125lbs per anchor. Not sure what this translates to exactly in 3000 psi concrete, but you have 5 anchors per post. If each post will see a maximum of ~3000lbs, the lift is operating within a large margin of safety. With the liability involved, I'm sure the product has a comfortable factor of safety.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,152 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by bangsters
Both car and lift look great. Question though, are there added supports on the lift to prevent it from tipping over or the bolts to the ground are the only ones keeping it upright?
Six 3/4 by 6 inch cement anchors 5 inches deep across 12 by 17 base plates. Rated for 7000 pounds.

With the full "to ceiling" height I opted to tie it into the joists as well because ... What is too safe? See attached pictures. It is very stable.

BendPak (no affiliation) makes this specific model in different heights. But this option is permanent on the floor. The ones that can unbolt and move have advantages of their own.

The top cross bar holds the ram and cables so there is nothing on the floor. The extra (small) padded bar just below the top trips a limit switch to prevent topping out the car during an inattentive raise.

No matter what other lifting method I used prior to this the side to side angling of the car was unnerving, both going up and coming down. There is no way to make jack stands stable with a side load. And the higher you go the more side leverage you get. A proper lift is peace of mind wrapped together with proper access to the bottom of the car.

We are fortunate to have so many options amongst a number of manufacturers.
Attached Images   
Old 11-06-2018, 12:46 PM
bangsters
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Six 3/4 by 6 inch cement anchors 5 inches deep across 12 by 17 base plates. Rated for 7000 pounds.

With the full "to ceiling" height I opted to tie it into the joists as well because ... What is too safe? See attached pictures. It is very stable.

BendPak (no affiliation) makes this specific model in different heights. But this option is permanent on the floor. The ones that can unbolt and move have advantages of their own.

The top cross bar holds the ram and cables so there is nothing on the floor. The extra (small) padded bar just below the top trips a limit switch to prevent topping out the car during an inattentive raise.

No matter what other lifting method I used prior to this the side to side angling of the car was unnerving, both going up and coming down. There is no way to make jack stands stable with a side load. And the higher you go the more side leverage you get. A proper lift is peace of mind wrapped together with proper access to the bottom of the car.

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics. Btw was just curious as the ones i've seen were 4 posts and yours is the first 2post I've seen.

Francis
Old 11-06-2018, 01:29 PM
DGI
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Last year we completed construction of our new home.

Wife wanted an open floor design, I wanted a three car garage with 14 foot cielings.

We ended up increasing the size of the house so that the garage wouldnt look out of place and unbalanced next to the house lol

Ordered a Rotary lift as thats what all he shops around me use but there ended up being a beam running above where my right post would be bolted down. Ended up cancelling the Rotary order and bought a Atlas 2 post lift.

Ended up saving some money and so far I have no complaints.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Which model Bendpak is that? I have one of their 4 post lifts and have been very impressed with it.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:25 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

The 996 needs "DGI X" plates too.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:50 PM
DGI
Pro

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
The 996 needs "DGI X" plates too.
working on it ;-)

these are temp tags... waiting for Jan 1st to obtain “Historic” tags
Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by DGI

working on it ;-)

these are temp tags... waiting for Jan 1st to obtain “Historic” tags
Historic tags?

I have to wait until mine is 25 years old to do that here in TX.
That's going to be a while.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:29 PM
DGI
Pro

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
Historic tags?

I have to wait until mine is 25 years old to do that here in TX.
That's going to be a while.
no emission and cheap insurance!!! Worth the wait :woot:

Old 11-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,152 Likes on 731 Posts

Which model Bendpak is that? I have one of their 4 post lifts and have been very impressed with it.
Grand Prix. A relatively new offering. Been out for about a year. Introduction was delayed as the safety standards were revised and BendPak had to go through third party testing on all of their existing lifts before new products could be brought on line.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Jeep under 996

Quick Reply: Danmar M6: Perfect 996 Home Lift