2003 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 08:06 PM
braveheartdesign
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 C4S

Good evening, I am new to this forum,
‘I filled up with 94 octane at my usual pump. Drove 1km and the rpm started undulating at idle and in fact stalled. Started again but difficult to keep up rpm in traffic as road was busy. Pulled off and tried to start but was difficult. Called CAA waited around 40 mins tried again and the car started and I was able to drive around the car park and made it half way up the flat bed but stalled at low rpm.
Dropped the car at my house and was able to reverse into garage. That evening I attached my OBD tool and read two misfires and crankshaft sensor. I was able to cancel the errors at that time and the car then seemed to be running smooth again. Left the car one week and started it yesterday , ran perfectly and I drove it around my street a few times .
I am concerned in driving too far. Could this have been a fuel issue or a fuel cap issue, any comments would be welcomed.

Harry

Old 10-11-2018, 10:19 AM
RangerRick
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 03 C4S, I experienced something like what you are describing only once, when I pulled into a gas station and the guy pumped in Regular gas when I requested HO/94 -although my experience was not as bad as yours, hope all is well - C4S is truly the best of the 996 lineup

Quick Reply: 2003 C4S