Sponsored by:

Adjustable Control Arms ?

Old 10-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Steven Blanc
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Control Arms ?

Hi All.

Are front and rear adjustable control arms needed when you have a lowered car in order to set the correct camber or is it only the front where there is an issue ? The car is 30mm lower than standard euro spec. I would require a fast road and occasional track day setup

Last edited by Steven Blanc; 10-07-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:01 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Depends on how much u lower it and how much camber u want. Im at about 2.5* all the way around and 1.5" lowered. I have adjustable rear uppers and adjustable toe bars in back. In front i have shimmed gt3 lowers. U can also achieve good settings in front with adjustable upper strut mounts. If u want a fast road and steet set up u r gonna want to change out those parts anyways for a more rigid heim joint set up and get rid of the rubber bushings. Speed cost $, how fast do u want to go?
Old 10-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Evil Bunny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No. - M030 and X74 lower the 996 significantly against stock and neither have adjustable/two piece LCA's.

The rear is no issue as there is more than enough adjustment on the eccentric bolt, 996 GT3 does not have a two piece LCA on the rear.

On the front there will be enough adjustment in the slots on the strut tower to dial in/out camber for road use.

Do you know what your currently set at? And what you want?
Old 10-08-2018, 07:28 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

My C2 is lowered on Bilstein B8s and H&R lowering springs. I can get my front camber into street spec with slots, however rear is just out of spec for street settings, 1.9 as I remember. Still a mild setup, but eccentric adjuster doesn't have enough range to get it under 1.9. I didn't have any issues with rear toe, but others have.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:48 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by JTT
My C2 is lowered on Bilstein B8s and H&R lowering springs. I can get my front camber into street spec with slots, however rear is just out of spec for street settings, 1.9 as I remember. Still a mild setup, but eccentric adjuster doesn't have enough range to get it under 1.9. I didn't have any issues with rear toe, but others have.
Mine is lowered with Techart Springs and Bilsten B8s.
The exact same results, tires wear great and car handles exceptionally
Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Not really an issue at ROW ride height. If you go lower or dial in alot of negative camber in the rear you will need adjustable rear toe links to get the rear toe right.

For camber the front can be done either with adjustable top mounts for negative camber up to 3, or with the adjustable (GT3) LCAs. The rear can get up close to negative 3 camber on the stock eccentrics.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Stotty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is lowered 30mm on H&R springs and Koni shocks. No issues getting a sensible alignment on it without any extra parts.

I’m running pretty much X74 alignment. 0.5* front camber, zero front toe, with 1.5* rear camber and 0.15 total rear toe.

Nice ride/handling for the road, though I am fitting unrated ARB’s to give a bit more control in the faster stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adjustable Control Arms ?