996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Gemballa or Factory Aero?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Bentley
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aha! from the 'Garlic Capital Of The U.S.A.' [a beautiful and growing area of California] we learn a little data about Techart; this is good! What this forum needs is advertising copy stating that the aero package made by an after market vendor has been 'full scale' tested in a wind tunnel [not just a photograph]. Additionally, p.s.f. numbers should be given at various air velocities for drag, lift, and down force; acoustic results should also be in the literature. If they were thorough, ambient temperatures and humidity readings for the total test protocol would be given.
Has anyone on this forum questioned why such data by an aero package manufacturer has not been shown in its advertising? Perhaps, it is because no full scale wind tunnel testing had been performed. Yet they want you to spend thousands of dollars on their aerokits! The reality may be that the kits increase drag, lift, and noise.
Trust but verify.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:53 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

so... back to the question... where can I find pictures of p-car owners with their wings? I tried yoseifs but he only has a gallery of boxsters. i want a searchable gallery dangit!

Old 01-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

No doubt about the photos. There was the thread recently that had the Tech Art wing. It looked pretty dang good. I would like to see various kits installed also. I may end up getting the GT3 kit from MA Shaw. MA Shaw does have some pics of the various spoilers at thier site.

http://www.mashaw.com
Old 01-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

I just saw that a Gambella 996 TT did a 7:32 at the Ring. There spoilers must be pretty good to beat the CGT's time so far.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:33 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Bentley,

Leave your condescending sarcasm at the doorstep. I don't allow it from my children. I don't permit in my house. The Rennlist Forums are no different.

You want to share your opinion? That's terrific. That what Rennlist is about.

But, please do so without the attitude.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Davidmichael
Racer

There is something curious about this Bentley fellow. I for one, won't read anything he has to say in the future. He has a few good engineering points, but his method of writing is obnoxious and doesn't desrve to be on this board. It's funny, car guys never act like this. Even if he owns a Porsche, which I doubt, he is NO car guy. Bentley, go bother someone else, your comments are a waste of everybody's time.

Quick Reply: Gemballa or Factory Aero?