Sponsored by:

Pads that don't dust so bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 06:37 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by zenocchio
Which Akebono pads are suitable for front C4S/turbo rotors?
As per my earlier post. Here is the email response i got from AKEBONO directly about my 2004 C4S Cab

Good morning, Mike –

Here is a note from our product development team: We have the EUR917’s listed for front and rear for Porsche 911’s, which in some applications is correct. BUT in his case, he’ll need the EUR917 for the front and EUR738 for the rears.

If you have additional questions please call our customer service line at 866.253.2666 (toll-free)

Thanks,

Amanda Konja, Asst. Marketing Manager

Akebono Brake Corporation
Old 02-12-2019, 06:43 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
I purchased Akebono Euro ceramics due to the recommendations of many others here on RL.
Update: they are definitely low dust but I’m not too thrilled with them. They seem to be just slightly out of dimensions compared to the Textar OEM pads. This causes a clacking noise as each pad shifts around slightly and contacts the caliper. It’s not a huge deal and only does it after the car has sat for a bit. It especially does it when starting the car, backing up and applying the brakes for the first time.

I’ve read on Audi forums that some have had the same issue with the Akebono Euro ceramics. I’ve got an email in with Akebono in right now and they are supposedly “researching” the issue.

I dont know if anyone else else has experience this on here but I wanted to give an FYI on how they’ve been on my ‘99.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 278 Posts

Second update:

I had originally used the tiny packets of brake grease included with the Akebonos. Apparently the small amount of grease in these packets weren't enough for the job and this created the noise. I cleaned off all of the old grease and applied Cermi-Glyde on every contact point I could find. It took 3 small packets from AutoZone to coat what I need on all four brakes. Now the brakes are perfectly quiet in all conditions.

Quick Reply: Pads that don't dust so bad?