996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2003 996 Targa

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car, congrats. If she does squeek a little, the dealer should be able to fix it under warranty without a problem...
Old 01-15-2004, 10:41 AM
zubunure
Intermediate

Very Sweet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Would it be too much to ask the price? Good Luck with her..

Zub
Old 01-15-2004, 01:47 PM
elsiesvg
Advanced

That is a really nice car. Love the aerokit, makes it a lot more aggressive.

I have a 996 cab but I'm looking at the Targa as a possible replacement. I had a 993 Targa before and I loved it.

I was talking to my dealer here in Paris about that and he explained that even though the 996 Targa was based on the Coupe to silence those 993 Targa critics that said the car was too squeaky, it's more of a marketing ploy than anything else and yes... the 996 Targa does squeak!

I never found the squeak to be a problem in the 993 Targa anyway. People who buy Targas shouldn't expect Coupe levels of silence anyway. And that unique feeling of having an open car but of being fully protected from the elements is unique IMO.

Please post side and rear pictures of your car so we can admire it in more detail.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Thegman
Banned

I have a new (2000 miles) 2003 Arctic Silver Targa with 18" rims, PSM, mats and colored wheel crests, for all practical purposes its a "stripper." But what a sweet ride. Love the open feeling all the glass gives. Just one small beef, when the roof is open there is a lot of wind noise. Anybody else having the wind noise? In addition, there are only about 300 of these cars in the states so you probably wont park next to one...
Old 01-15-2004, 04:19 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Thegman,
I haven't found the wind noise to be a big problem, but then I haven't really driven my car much in the last 2 months, so maybe my memory is rusty. Part of the beauty of the Targa is that even if the wind noise is a problem, a touch of the button at any speed will close things up to take a phone call or whatever.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Apx2Apx
Track Day

First, Congrats on the Targa,
I have a 02' white/blk glass top and love every open moment in it.. As far as wind noise, I have not experienced this issue. When I go over bumps or up drive ways she gives me a creak every now and then... I figured this is due to a few track days at the local tracks.. anyhoot i plan on having her looked at on my next visit to the local dealer to have my RMS replaced .

Besides the dreaded RMS leaking I still love cruising semi-topless...

David
Old 01-16-2004, 10:07 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Targas rule!

I love the uniqueness, especially with my turbo nose and GT3 side skirts..no one knows what the hell it is...mine "squeaks" once and awhile...so what....it a freaking sports car, they squeak occasionally..enjoy your very unique porsche.

Cheers
Old 01-18-2004, 03:13 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Well Amigo's I Picked Up My Black Beauty Yesterday And DAM Is She LOVELY - I really love this car - Today I Woke up to 6" of snow :-( The Horror I was planning on going for an early am drive with my son. Yesterday him and I drove last yesterday evening, watching the stars with the panel open (what an awesome experince) and No tmuch cold air came inside - I am really going to love this expernice. Thanks again guys for all you help with my questions.

Quick Reply: 2003 996 Targa