Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Movie rental 996 w/no PPI: worth it for 10.5k?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 02:48 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,791 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Just go see it in person, kick the tires, drive it around for an hour, if you come back smiling, then BUY IT !!!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:43 AM
Conrad9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
That's a very fair price.
Yeah, seemed fair from readings, but hearing of wrench guys doing it so much cheaper leads you to rethink a bit and wanna take a go at it (with an extra on the side for when you screw it up lol)
Old 07-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Conrad9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Just go see it in person, kick the tires, drive it around for an hour, if you come back smiling, then BUY IT !!!
actually, i did. it was a surreal experience going onto a rental car lot for movies lol and the guy tells me to lie to the cops if we get pulled over cuz there's no plates.......i told him then i wanted to take it locally to a shop and he said the boss wouldnt go for that only to re-neg a few days later and then disappear for a freakin' week after i gave him the shop's name for him to schedule his boss's tow (boss's condition). Dude finally texts back the day i've scheduled to see another 996 cab (4K more but eons cleaner) in the morning and texts cavalierly yeah yeah call me today blah blah. Too much beachy drama and making me eat ****e to give him my money for a project. Tough though, cuz I was ready to go for it for a week.

Final Answer (u guys r gonna bust my ***** over this lol): bought a frickin Lexus SC drop top (another on my bucket list--911, Jag E-Type, and Triumph TR6 the others) while i chill for a year or two and try to get a stable job again (been teaching in asia 17 years :O Got 55 K in the bank to last me a year or bust and back to wanderlusting.

Thanks though for all the help. probably wont read any more comments cuz i know lol some of you are gonna go nuts.

Cheers! Viva El Ferdinand!

Quick Reply: Movie rental 996 w/no PPI: worth it for 10.5k?