996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone install Satellite Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Brick
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So when these are installed, just how are they wired to the head unit on those that were the stock units? Is there an auxillary input port, or something else such as a changer cable that you tap into?

Bill
Old 01-23-2004, 03:40 PM
MLA911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riad, the antenna is inside the cab under the rear deck, which is right behind the space behind the rear seats.

Bucket: XM all the way! My neighbor didn't listen to me and installed a Sirius system. Well, to make a long story short the Sirius system got returned and in went the XM system.

Ignacio: Absolutley correct! I'm hearing the stories more and more, and yes it costs more per month.

I've had XM since the first month it went active, over 2 years ago, and I've never had a problem. Not to mention, Alpine supports XM, and IMOH that's the only way to go for head units. Additionally, on Feb. 1st XM is going commercial free on all music channels, so the best is getting even better.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:44 PM
MLA911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, if you're going to keep the stock head unit then you'll need to get a satellite tuner with its own display unit, which is then wired to the stock head unit through an RF modulator. You'll have to mount the display unit, which is around 3" x 4" in the cab somewhere and then tune the radio to the designated modulation station, usually 88.1 > 88.9.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Quick Reply: Anyone install Satellite Radio?