Sponsored by:

X51 pan install

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts
Default X51 pan install

in the middle of doing the install and oil change on the Mk1! Figured I would post a pic of the two pans so people can see the differences. I added the hinged trap doors!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:16 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Good stuff! I have the X51 installed also.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:42 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 934 Likes on 623 Posts

^^With a deep sump spacer!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Hradec
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who made your x51 baffle?

Who made your X51 Baffle, where did you purchase it from? I see that it is much better than the one I purchased from Ln, mine had these Goofy orange seals just silicone bonded to the metal. I have to drop the pan and actually noticed one of the silicone pieces got sucked up by my oil pickup tube. The baffle that is pictured is of superior design because the seals are fastened by screws
Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hradec
Who made your X51 Baffle, where did you purchase it from? I see that it is much better than the one I purchased from Ln, mine had these Goofy orange seals just silicone bonded to the metal. I have to drop the pan and actually noticed one of the silicone pieces got sucked up by my oil pickup tube. The baffle that is pictured is of superior design because the seals are fastened by screws
The general consensus seems to be that the one made by EBSR (the one you have that LN sells) is more effective than the OEM X51. Both are better than stock.

Having installed two of them on my car you do have to be very careful w/ the seal position when installing. When you slide the unit up into the block if you get one of the orange seals out of whack it will detach. If installed properly they are wedged to the sides of the block and I don't think they would come out.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Hradec
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
The general consensus seems to be that the one made by EBSR (the one you have that LN sells) is more effective than the OEM X51. Both are better than stock.

Having installed two of them on my car you do have to be very careful w/ the seal position when installing. When you slide the unit up into the block if you get one of the orange seals out of whack it will detach. If installed properly they are wedged to the sides of the block and I don't think they would come out.
the EBSR seals are definitely superior in design,
I was shocked to see the detached seal sucked into my oil pickup tube on my LN version. May consider changing to the EBSR.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

ebs and LN are the same thing
Old 03-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
ebs and LN are the same thing
Correct. The baffle included in the LN deep sump kit is the EBSR baffle. Superior to the OEM X51 but again both are better than the stock plastic.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

OEM Porsche was my X51. Went on without an issue. No clearance/fit issues and it was a failry easy install. Just work fast with the LokTite sealer because it is THICK and slow to form. Worked well though. I waited 24 hours before installing oil.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

OEM Porsche was my X51. Went on without an issue. No clearance/fit issues and it was a failry easy install. Just work fast with the LokTite sealer because it is THICK and slow to form. Worked well though. I waited 24 hours before installing oil.

Quick Reply: X51 pan install