A few 99 911 questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Jaybatl911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few 99 911 questions

I have a 99 Cabriolet and looking for help/answers on a few things:

Can I replace the AC blower motor myself? It's making a ticking noise and I guess it's going out. If I can replace it myself, I'll do that when the weather warms.

I just replaced the clutch but it feels exactly the same as before. Unless it's me I thought that there would be a point when I could feel the clutch engaging into first gear and know that's when to accelerate. There's nothing. I feel like something is wrong but maybe that's just how a Porsche clutch is.

I have a condo that I rent on Airbnb. A Porsche engineer rented it for a year while he worked here in Atlanta (lucky me!). He drove me car and said something was up with the brakes but couldn't pin point it and suggested I have a mechanic check them. My indy mechanic, a Porsche mechanic, changed all four brakes, rotors, flushed the system etc. The full monty but the brake pedal feels exactly the same. So I'm wondering what the German engineer was feeling. Any thoughts?

Thanks for thoughts and ideas.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:20 PM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaybatl911
I have a 99 Cabriolet and looking for help/answers on a few things:

Can I replace the AC blower motor myself? It's making a ticking noise and I guess it's going out. If I can replace it myself, I'll do that when the weather warms.

I just replaced the clutch but it feels exactly the same as before. Unless it's me I thought that there would be a point when I could feel the clutch engaging into first gear and know that's when to accelerate. There's nothing. I feel like something is wrong but maybe that's just how a Porsche clutch is.

I have a condo that I rent on Airbnb. A Porsche engineer rented it for a year while he worked here in Atlanta (lucky me!). He drove me car and said something was up with the brakes but couldn't pin point it and suggested I have a mechanic check them. My indy mechanic, a Porsche mechanic, changed all four brakes, rotors, flushed the system etc. The full monty but the brake pedal feels exactly the same. So I'm wondering what the German engineer was feeling. Any thoughts?

Thanks for thoughts and ideas.
I too felt like the clutch engagement was lacking feel and caused me a few embarrassing stalls when I first got the car. Do some searching on there, there is a thread about removing a clutch assist spring from the pedal that is supposed to improve clutch feel dramatically. I haven't tried it as I just got used to the way ti is and haven't bothered looking into it much since.

Quick Reply: A few 99 911 questions