Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

DSP Delete & Alarm .. Which wire do I need to ground?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 06:49 PM
yamasaki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSP Delete & Alarm .. Which wire do I need to ground?

First and foremost, I've searched and searched for the answer and just haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. So, decided to post... that said...

My '00 has that DSP panel in the lowest slot on the factory center console. I just put in a double din radio and replaced the M680 amp with a nice little Rockford Fosgate.

I grounded the factory wire that plugged into that tab that made contact with the OEM radio. However, I'm still getting the alarm "beep" when i lock the doors.

I am 99% sure I read somewhere that this could happen with the factory DSP thing I have that also needs to be grounded. I just can't find the post/info with the exact wiring info.

Everything else went really well. The car's center console is actually reallllllly easy to work with and even running wires from the frunk into the cab was pretty much a breeze. These germans kick ***. Now I have navigation, bluetooth streaming, bluetooth hands free operation, dvd player, and a much more modern look... very happy.

next project... speakers.

thanks all for the help.

Last edited by yamasaki; 01-20-2018 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add image
Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 PM
rogazilla
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not ground the wire that goes to the tab of the factory radio. You need to insulate it. There are a few sources with incorrect instruction.

Take some electrical tape and wrap up the wire to make sure it never ground.

Quick Reply: DSP Delete & Alarm .. Which wire do I need to ground?