996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Headlights are being stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 07:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oakland, I am not even gonna justify that with a comment.

Obviously you are in the wrong forum. Go back to the rice rocket forum where there are people your own age and maturity level.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Oakland996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LVDell
Oakland, I am not even gonna justify that with a comment.

Obviously you are in the wrong forum. Go back to the rice rocket forum where there are people your own age and maturity level.
It's all good LVDell, I'm just giving you a hard time. I know some of the overly modified import cars are pretty annoying to you all. I'm just standing my grounds. All kidding aside, I'd rather drive my Porsche than my Civic in the streets, "it gets more action".

OK, I'm gonna crawl back into VTEC.NET now.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Brian Lopez
Instructor

hey oakland,

somebody is sure salty about AGE. You can be Bill Gates and have one of everything in your driveway, but that doesn't mean you have any TASTE.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Brian Lopez
Instructor

hey oakland,

somebody is sure salty about AGE. You can be Bill Gates and have one of everything in your driveway, but that doesn't mean you have any TASTE.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Curves4S
Advanced

Can someone tell me if i'd be considered a ricer?

I used to own a 96' Bmw Z3 with Veilside bodykit, Dupont Chromallusion paint, Airbag suspension, Eclipse sound system, etc)

Here's a list of vehicles that are currently in my garage:

2002 Lexus IS 300 (widebody, greddy exhaust, Ingen intake, CF wing & splitters, NOS, Headers, JIC coilovers, etc) (2000 Mercedes S500 (20" momo's, taillight updated, flush badges, straight pipe)
2002 Toyota Tundra Limited (3" Lift via King Coilovers, Mickey Thompson wheels, 33" BFG tires)
2003 Porsche Carrera 4S ($15k in options)

I've always percieved myself as an automotive enthusiast and that's how i see these so-called "ricers", as enthusiasts. I tricked out my Z3 to be a So Ca cruiser and to experiment with all the crazy things that could be done to a car. While most bmw owners saw my modifications as sacrilige, i just did it for fun.

kind of funny how something that makes one person smile, makes another cringe
Old 12-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I see this a little different then some of you... I see ricers as people who do ridiculous things to their cars that appear to be mods but are nothing other than stickers or fins, or really off the wall oddities that add nothing to performance.

If you ACTUALLY increased the performance of your car that's something to be proud of, and it's still not my thing, but at least you DID it.

I posted the link to www.beaterz.com earlier... go to the ricers section and read some of the comments... it's of course very sarcastic, but it's more of where I'm coming from.

Rob-
Old 12-23-2003, 01:27 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oakland 996,

An 11 second civic isn't rice...a 17 second civic with a huge wing (for more downforce to the rear...of course..), 5" exhaust tip (coming from a 1.5" cat back system...of course), stickers for products the car doesnt even have and of course... 45# chrome wheels...
Old 12-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

I agree with most of the last three posts, but IMHO, I believe that "rice" would apply to ANY Accord, Civic, or other car in that category. Basically people who take family sedans or compact commuter cars and throw a bunch of stuff on them.

I don't care if a civic can do even a 10 sec 1/4...no matter what they do to it, it's still a car designed to be a highly economical commuter car.

I mean, what would people think if we took out 911's and put 6" lift kits and off-road tires on them? While I know it has been done once or twice, it's just silly.

That being said, the fast and furious crowd admittedly deserves more respect than the bondo and primer painted cars with 2 foot wings.

Old 12-23-2003, 02:23 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Wink Hmmmmmm

WHAT if Youre ASIAN (like Me, fr the Phillipines) and HATE RICE

Actually, I dont hate RICE, but I would prefer a good plate of Steak and Potatoes over RICE any DAY

Old 12-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

I agree with you Senna (Mr. Big Avaitar). I don't really like Rice either, if I have to eat rice I prefer Rice-a-Roni, it has flavor. White Rice is just too bland for my tastes.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:31 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Wink

Originally posted by Itzkirb
I agree with you Senna (Mr. Big Avaitar). I don't really like Rice either, if I have to eat rice I prefer Rice-a-Roni, it has flavor. White Rice is just too bland for my tastes.
Thats what that HOT SAUCE is for, you know! Its that big RED bottle with the Rooster on it, that they provide on the tables at the restaurants that I go to. I can eat rice if I have that stuff to go with it, especially HUNAN cuisine or THAI.....mmmmmmm...!! This is makin me HUNGRY
Old 12-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Oooooh I love that Srichi hot sauce (or however you spell it).
Old 12-23-2003, 03:02 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Talking to tell ya the truth......

Originally posted by Trojan Man
Oooooh I love that Srichi hot sauce (or however you spell it).
I'm pickin up the PHONE right now to order take out from the restaurant in front of my office........

this whole thread was productive enuff to make me laugh AND hungry (spoken outloud in my most sarcastically humorous filipino tone)
Old 12-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Oakland996
Intermediate

Default Re: Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by sennasixty8
WHAT if Youre ASIAN (like Me, fr the Phillipines) and HATE RICE

Actually, I dont hate RICE, but I would prefer a good plate of Steak and Potatoes over RICE any DAY

Coming from a Filipino background, I would consider you as a "Coconut".

I still eat rice everyday, and I don't hate anybody for what they drive or what they have. But I despise "Coconuts".

(Coconuts are Brown on the outside and wants to be white on the inside).
Old 12-23-2003, 03:48 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Default Re: Re: Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Oakland996
Coming from a Filipino background, I would consider you as a "Coconut".

I still eat rice everyday, and I don't hate anybody for what they drive or what they have. But I despise "Coconuts".

(Coconuts are Brown on the outside and wants to be white on the inside).

I love coconuts, especially when its in an Almond Joy bar, wrapped in MORE brown stuff, all nice a sweet, and chocolatey.......

I DO NOT DESPISE anything.....or anybody, FWIW

Party ON..........

DONT BE A HATER>>>>>I DISLIKE HATERS BUT DONT DESPISE THEM!

Quick Reply: Headlights are being stolen