Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 04:17 PM
ShelShock
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Jose area paint shop

2003 996 Tip -72k
Fun little story here.

I picked up a very good condition 03 996 Tip perhaps 8 months ago. Love the car, but it had a couple of very minor dents that I knew could be popped out by one of the mobile dent removal folks.

I finally got around to calling a dent removal guy (and did research - this is the same dude who does it for Stevens Creek Porsche when they have a dent). Long story short, he scratched the **** out of my passenger side front quarter panel with the rear end of his tool while he was working the dent.

These aren’t buff out scratches. It’s into the paint, you can feel it with your nail and looks awful. Deep scratches up and down in a zig zag pattern over a two inch area.

I’m going to need to re-paint this panel (unless anyone here has a better suggestion.)

Any tips on reputable paint shops that will use authentic Porsche paint and not charge me $5k per panel “because it is a Porsche”? I understand that it has to be done right and will pay - just don’t want to be ripped off.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:32 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

The PDR guy damaged it and if he's professional, he must carry liability insurance, right? Why not have him repair the damage he caused? Did he refused to pay?

Re: body shops

I paid $700 for top-notch local body shop to repair two dents in my passenger side rear panel and door. They computer matched the paint along with the Porsche paint code and you couldn't tell the difference between the original factory paint and the repaired area. I even got them to respray my front bumper and again, it was a perfect match. But if you enter a body shop and request "Porsche authentic paint", you sir will be taxed heavily.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:07 PM
OGWGFIW
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You could start here:
https://www.andersonbehel.com/
Never had my car P-car worked on there but while having another car worked on noticed the Porsche Certification on the wall. I received good service and quality work there.

Quick Reply: San Jose area paint shop