996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Parts Society

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Very encouraging to have such endorsements for used P-car parts. Too many bad stories from other flaky vendors. Hopefully Parts Society prospers with the support of the Rennlist community
Old 11-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Petersa9
I just got my car back yesterday with a new engine sourced from qualityporscheparts and so far so good. CS Motorsports near Milwaukee, WI did the work. Can't say enough good things about this shop. They installed the engine, new AOS and replaced both front radiators for $1,800, which IMO is very reasonable. Not to mention fitting me in with short notice.

Engine arrived in well put together crate and undamaged. $8k for a Porsche reman engine with 13,000 miles on it.

Engine runs and sounds much better than old engine. Seems to pull harder too.
That's cheaper than a PDK transmission
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14600695
Old 11-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Petersa9
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG! So in 2009 you trade the inevitable IMS failure for PDK failure?! So much for direct injection, there's no end to this!

Yeah, I am sure this won't be the last time Porsche get their hands in my wallet, but it will be a while hopefully. For my next I'm tempted to get a PDK. Also because my wife wants to drive it. I tried teaching her how to drive a manual years ago and she was incredibly bad.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:24 PM
ltusler
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

I bought a 3.4 for 6500 from them, did a external tune up of all of the usual suspect parts, and its on to its second owner from me, still runs great.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:27 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Back to Parts Society: they supplied a bunch of parts for the heated seat retrofit I did in my Turbo a couple weeks ago. Also a black cupholder & center vent to match the carbon better. I'm very happy with the parts, price, and packaging.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 PM
Bibbs
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to bump this old thread, but has anyone had any recent dealings with these guys?

I ordered parts in Dec, and after a *lot* of emails I finally got a reply in Feb, saying I needed to pay shipping (I'm in Australia), which I did.

I've now heard nothing, and get no reply to emails, website messages, eBay messages, SMS etc.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:00 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Bibbs
Sorry to bump this old thread, but has anyone had any recent dealings with these guys?

I ordered parts in Dec, and after a *lot* of emails I finally got a reply in Feb, saying I needed to pay shipping (I'm in Australia), which I did.

I've now heard nothing, and get no reply to emails, website messages, eBay messages, SMS etc.
Hi Bibbs,

I've bought things from them before (i'm in Australia as well) paid a lot for shipping but arrived within a week.

Did they send you any tracking info? Not unusual for items to take over a month to arrive in some cases.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Bibbs
Advanced

Originally Posted by dan_189
Hi Bibbs,

I've bought things from them before (i'm in Australia as well) paid a lot for shipping but arrived within a week.

Did they send you any tracking info? Not unusual for items to take over a month to arrive in some cases.
Hey Dan, good to hear that you got something in Australia (Melbourne?). I ordered though the "Parts Society" website. The last message I got was

"Good morning Ben, yes. We are adding the tracking number to your order details for you."

Which they didn't (or at least, I can't find it - it still states "you’ll receive an email when your order is on its way."), and that was over a month ago. I've probably tried a dozen emails since with no reply.

It's a shame as they have a lot of other bits I'd want.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Hey Dan, good to hear that you got something in Australia (Melbourne?). I ordered though the "Parts Society" website. The last message I got was

"Good morning Ben, yes. We are adding the tracking number to your order details for you."

Which they didn't (or at least, I can't find it - it still states "you’ll receive an email when your order is on its way."), and that was over a month ago. I've probably tried a dozen emails since with no reply.

It's a shame as they have a lot of other bits I'd want.
Yep in Melbourne came within a week which was awesome but the postage was expensive. I haven't bought anything through their website I've only ever emailed them. Did you pay via PayPal? I have a feeling being as big as they are they have missed something rather than trying to to rip you off.

Id get paypal involved if that's how you paid. What email address of theirs have you been using?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:08 PM
sb3
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used parts society a few times and the parts were always packed well and shipped fast.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 124 Posts

Same here. I’ve bought lots of parts from them and always had positive experiences.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Bibbs
Advanced

Thanks sb3 & cds72911. Glad to hear I'm the only one of late.

Id get paypal involved if that's how you paid. What email address of theirs have you been using?
PayPal are not playing as I'd put a case in when I first didn't hear back, and cancelled it once I'd paid the extra.

They don't allow 2nd cases. So my bank are stepping in (via credit card).

I'm emailing societyparts@gmail.com (from Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail accounts).

I've had a few replies, but nothing in a month.
Feb 5th - Email requesting international shipping (I paid and emailed the same day).
Feb 20th - Reply to one of my emails saying it's being shipped, and they'll get the tracking number to me.

Last edited by Bibbs; 03-26-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:16 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Glad to hear I'm the only one of late.

PayPal are not playing as I'd put a case in when I first didn't hear back, and cancelled it once I'd paid the extra.

They don't allow 2nd cases. So my bank are stepping in (via credit card).

I'm emailing societyparts@gmail.com (from Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail accounts).

I've had a few replies, but nothing in a month.
Feb 5th - Email requesting international shipping (I paid and emailed the same day).
Feb 20th - Reply to one of my emails saying it's being shipped, and they'll get the tracking number to me.
That's the same email address I've got in my mailbox, although they didn't respond to my last message back in March 2018 asking for a paypal invoice for me to buy something - so they lost the sale.

Don't think i'd trust them now after your experience - hopefully they make it right asap. Might be worth noting for international buyers to go via their ebay store rather than their website...
Old 03-26-2019, 12:37 AM
Bibbs
Advanced

That's the same email address I've got in my mailbox, although they didn't respond to my last message back in March 2018 asking for a paypal invoice for me to buy something - so they lost the sale.

Don't think i'd trust them now after your experience - hopefully they make it right asap. Might be worth noting for international buyers to go via their ebay store rather than their website...
I did read that their communication was poor, but I didn't expect this.
I'm just hoping it's not something more serious .. which can be why people drop off the radar.

Thought I'd post to see if others are getting responses from them of late.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Yogibara
Rennlist Member

Received 586 Likes on 250 Posts

Another necro-bump for this thread. I purchased the VIP membership on Saturday, expected to make several purchases but their shopping cart is messed up. They didn't have any trouble taking my 100.00 fee but then went radio silent. it's now Thursday with no communication. Their Facebook page hasn't been updated since 2019. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Parts Society