Sponsored by:

ABS & PSM Warnings from LED brake lamp bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Alezone
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ABS & PSM Warnings from LED brake lamp bulbs

Just want to share what happened to me last night, in case someone else run into the same scenario and haunted by PSM/ABS Warnings.

Since LED tail lights for widebody 996s (C4S, Turbo, GT2) are not available* (only one that fits are these one and the brake's red doesn't line up with the iconic red stripe engine compartment lid)

So I went with a set of LED bulbs with circuitboard to avoid hyper flash or dashboard warnings. Everything went well, no hyper/rapid turn signal blinking all around, no dashboard warnings. But, as soon as I took her out, ABS and PSM Failures came on.

Thanks to this post on 6speed, someone mentioned about the voltage/signal bouncing between the brake lamps and the ABS/PSM modules, which the replacement LEDs' circuit failed to mimic perfectly.

So I replaced the brake lamp LEDs back to OEM and the warnings went away immediately...
Old 10-19-2017, 12:25 AM
gnochi
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I’ve heard, putting a 6Ohm 50W load resistor in parallel with each LED brake light you install also fixed this issue. You don’t get the power savings benefit of LEDs, but you get the faster on switching and longer life.

Quick Reply: ABS & PSM Warnings from LED brake lamp bulbs