996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Battery Dead 996.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Your fuse box looks just like mine in my 99. You don't have the levers on the sill next to the drivers seat to open the frunk and engine lid?
Old 10-14-2017, 02:48 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by karungguni
This is a picture of the fuse box and I do not see the terminal to charge. While I did not think it was an electric release on this model it would not release. I live at the top of a hill so pushing starting would be an issue if not successful (tried with AAA and was not). Searched for the last thread on this and the answers were ambiguous. Thank you to those who attempted to help. The snark from the others was expected.
Should be right under the 30 amp fuse in row 2 just adjacent to the upper right side of the spoiler switch. Looks like someone either pushed it in too far or actually pulled it out. Pushed in too far has been known to happen - shine a light in there and see if the pull out plug is there but just in too much.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:32 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

Just to be clear, there is no electricity involved in opening the truck or engine lids in a MY 2000. It is completely mechanical.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:35 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
Just to be clear, there is no electricity involved in opening the truck or engine lids in a MY 2000. It is completely mechanical.
Are you 100% sure of this?
Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

I checked the manual and stand corrected on the frunk not needing electricity to unlock, but the engine department lid can be opened without a battery. There are jump points there.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:47 AM
karungguni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wyovino
I checked the manual and stand corrected on the frunk not needing electricity to unlock, but the engine department lid can be opened without a battery. There are jump points there.
According to my Indy (Aldo's in San Francisco) an electric current is involved for the frunk but not the engine compartment which I witnessed. New battery, the plate had to removed to reset the switch and the frunk release is now working again.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:02 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by karungguni
According to my Indy (Aldo's in San Francisco) an electric current is involved for the frunk but not the engine compartment which I witnessed. New battery, the plate had to removed to reset the switch and the frunk release is now working again.
Good news! Did you ever figure out where the fuse box positive terminal disappeared to?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 AM
karungguni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Good news! Did you ever figure out where the fuse box positive terminal disappeared to?
No.Since I know the engine compartment can open without battery I will jump it from there as needed. The videos I have seen show that you still have to open the frunk with the key and it seems that I have two valet keys. At least the radio code was written on the build sticker in the frunk. Not everything went wrong.

Quick Reply: Battery Dead 996.1