Sponsored by:

They cost HOW MUCH...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:15 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They cost HOW MUCH...

Went to Manhattan Motorcars today to pick up the 2 covers for the rear deck of my hardtop. They are about 4" x 5" grills that cover the left and right attachment points for the hardtop. They are made of plastic. When I bought my top (used) the guy didn't have them, no biggie.

I called Manhattan Motorcars, they said they had them...I go there...show them what I mean on one of the 25+ tops they had sitting around (they said no one want's them cause most people don't use their cars in the winter). Anyway, they didn't have them in stock, said they could order them for me....$84.25.....EACH. With tax we are looking at $180+ for 2 small plastic pieces that are only aesthetic....thanks anyway, for that price I'll buy their overpriced bike rack...
Old 12-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Musta changed them in '01, the '00's are round plastic plugs about the size of silver dollar. ****, you can get a whole hard top on ebay for $180.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:47 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is this metal triangle thing that that actually holds the pin that sticks into the rear of the car. These grills cover that...there are still the silver dollars peices, those are the ones that you pop out of car so you can install the hardtop. You're then supposed to put those silver dollars over the bolt, but the silver dollar thingy snaps into this grill peice, that's what I need the grill peice...

Quick Reply: They cost HOW MUCH...