Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Most affordable complete 996 suspension package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 06:51 PM
turkis_tii
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

If you want coil-overs, in addition to a toe-camber-caster alignment ($400?), figure on a corner balance for another $4-500? (No idea on costs for a Porsche, yet, my Spec Miata was $400 for everything). As said previously, the ROW M030 on my 996 is pretty nice and factory-balanced. Learn to control understeer with your entry points, (left-foot) braking, and right foot. To fine tune the balance for HPDE, just get an adjustable front and/or rear sway bar and play around with it. IMHO, coil-overs are for race cars where you want to fine-tune the suspension height and shock settings for different tracks and conditions to drop tenths of seconds off of you lap times. Money is better spent on a good coach.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

don't forget new rear toe control arms if you drop the car low enough; you can't align the rear toe in spec without them
Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 PM
hatchetf15
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts

I’ll wager most good shops will align and corner for $300-400 total. Mine was $329 with tax...$200 align, $100 corner balance.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:23 PM
AGGNES
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has 102K miles 2001 C2 and to my knowledge the suspension has not been refreshed or had any components replaced. My goal is to refresh the suspension and get it "tight again" meaning at above 85 mph is where I notice the car is looser and doesn't feel as planted if that makes any sense since they aren't the most technical terms.....

Struts springs or Coil overs I'm not set either way just looking for the best value for the buck. As I will be replacing the bushings control arms and it's a "while your in there" might was well do it once and do it right.

Several people have advised me on the RoW M030 kit which I like the fact that it is factory tuned for the chassis but with the coil over options now being priced at or below the M030 option that becomes the dilemma..... I might just to do the control arms and see how it drives then decide on the M030 or Coil Overs to see how big a difference the bushings will make by themselves.

I figure 500 an alignment... but I might be off base or delusional living in NNJ...
Old 11-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Ah, welcome to the slippery slope of performance tuning...

I agree with the other comments on the M030 kit. It's self contained and will provide a huge upgrade in terms of on-track performance and feel. It will help with the limit understeer some, but it will still be there when you're pushing the car really hard. Pros: matched spring, damper, and roll bar rates. good value and contains "slippery slope" spending. still "streetable" for the majority of days for which you won't be on the track, could easily sell in the future if you decide you want to upgrade to a fully adjustable suspension. Cons: no ARB adjustment, no damping rate adjustment, no ride height adjustment.

If you decide to do it piecemeal, then the biggest single opportunity for improvement will be a set of aftermarket coilovers and things start to get a bit more complicated decision-wise from there.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Manny_911
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Question Suspension

"Wake up thread".....I'm considering BC coil overs for my 02 C4S. Not a DD nor do I plan on taking to the track anytime soon. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance,

https://www.coiloverwarehouse.com/pr...BoCg0oQAvD_BwE
Old 04-04-2020, 02:51 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 129 Posts

View this post on Instagram

Quick Reply: Most affordable complete 996 suspension package?