Sponsored by:

200 cel sport cats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:11 PM
DeanClevername
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spreeleon
thank you for info! Yes if you could please post the gopro footage from inside the car i would appreciate it!
Sure thing. Gopros do a very poor job at picking up lower frequencies and volume differences IMHO. So in person you will hear a lot more the bass/growl. The gopro position is also biased to pick up intake noise vs what your ear hears from the open window.

Clip 1 is the NHP 200 cells and stock exhaust from this winter. You can defn hear the improvement from the cats at low speed/takeoff. However once you really get going the main thing I would hear is intake howl (I have the intake resonator bypassed). Intake is 100% what you're hearing at the 2-3 upshift at the very end. Sounds nice, but it's pretty quiet and you only get a nice loud resonance at certain RPM.

Clip 2 is the 200 cells with Fister modded cans. Hard to tell in video, but it is significantly louder. It's loud enough to almost down out intake sounds entirely. Unfortunately this course didn't get to 3rd gear for apples to apples, but you can get the idea. (ignore me almost clumsily spinning the car after getting annoyed I threw the run away)

If you were local I'd gladly give you a ride in person so you could get a better idea.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
spreeleon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vids! thank you.

Looks like you had a blast at the autocross! nice sounds.

Like I said, I somehow think stock air cooled cars just don't sound very aggressive and not sure why a lot of people think so. i agree with other poster that it's all about how you tastefully modify the cars.

Quick Reply: 200 cel sport cats?