Sponsored by:

brake booster installl question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:38 AM
FREAKINHEAT
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default brake booster installl question

Can the brake booster be replaced without disconnecting the brake lines? Any installation tutorials?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 703 Posts

Pelican Parts Tech article on brake booster replacement - http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
Pelican Parts Tech article on brake booster replacement - http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
Thanks for sharing that.

OP - If you have any questions when reviewing our tech article be sure to post them in the comment box at the bottom. Our tech will have additional input for you. Let me know if you need any parts assistance.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-18-2017, 11:26 PM
FREAKINHEAT
Racer

Thanks for the link. I had reviewed it before. Really don't want to bleed everything all over again. So the answer to the question is no, you cannot install without disconnecting lines. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:58 AM
FREAKINHEAT
Racer

Originally Posted by FREAKINHEAT
Thanks for the link. I had reviewed it before. Really don't want to bleed everything all over again. So the answer to the question is no, you cannot install without disconnecting lines. Thanks for the help guys.
So you can r/r the brake booster without having to bleed the brakes completely or having to remove the abs system. You will only need to disconnect the two lines from the master cylinder that go to the abs unit (from on top of the abs unit). I used the bleeder plugs from the calipers to cap off the lines to prevent the dot 4 from leaking everywhere. Loosen the four bolts holding the abs unit down, to give you wiggle room. Also on my c2 you will need to remove the amp that sits in the middle of frunk. You can then remove the master from brake booster. I did bleed all four brakes to make sure either way, but they kept their pressure.

Quick Reply: brake booster installl question