Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet track day is better than no track day

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Wet days are ok if you go slow, work on lines and resist the urge to pass... can't do too much when you get a little power oversteer in the wet like that, l think I lifted but extra gas in that situation usually makes things worse for me. Glad I didn't get into the mud. 2-3 cars per session were ending up in the dirt, usually just race cars having fun. That pole is a tree..
Dried out for a good last 2-3 sessions, but had the suspension on soft and had trouble keeping up to a well driven cayman with mods, I'll get him next time

Last edited by Basal Skull; 04-09-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: correct spelling!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Vince964T
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats for even trying in the rain !
With so much torque available it's not easy. You should try rain slicks if you have another set of wheels and trail back and forth to the track.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

^ a trailer would be nice. I've also been stranded 3 times over the years at the track where I would have really appreciated one. But I don't really have space for one and I actually like driving my car on the road too. Overall though pretty amazing that you can drive to the track, have fun, and drive home. The reasons for getting stranded - 1) turbo bearing/leaky turbos from using too much slippery oil additive 2) hydraulic line failure - fixed that by removing all the hydraulics/power steering/clutch -everything is manual now! 3) blown clutch (last season).
Old 04-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Vince964T
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 times is not to bad over the years... Often you find someone that can help and trail you home.

I went to trailing a couple of years after deleting heating
AC delete was no issue (sweden is never really that warm).
I remember one morning driving 200miles to the race track with freezing temps, that was hardcore even though I was a lot younger at the time.

After that (+buying a cup car..) I went to trailing. Nice to be able to bring "stuff" (you know ;-)) to the track, help others at times as well.
Yes finding a place to park it is the issue... Took me time to find one.

And you can bring rain tyres ! Those R tyres are nasty in the rain. Often I see the beginners group is actually faster on street tyres than the "pros" on Rtyres when it's wet.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:52 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

I think eventually I'll get a trailer, it's inevitable. That will also open up possibility of going to tracks further away too. Lots of potential options interns of trailers and have even thought of classic flat deck car hauling trucks... We'll see.
My new set of wheels/tires have just arrived at the vendor I use, will pick them up this weekend (they are gold!). Being able to take an extra set of tires/wheel like you say would be great too.

Quick Reply: Wet track day is better than no track day