The impossible? Frunk release & emergency loop both not working

Old 04-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The impossible? Frunk release & emergency loop both not working

Anyone ever run into this ? This is my luck

how could both fail ?

anyone have any ideas as to how to get in ?

thanks

joe
Old 04-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got in. Pushing down on hood and pulling both cables at the same time worked. During depths of despair and at about the 50th pull it released as if to say "your nuts.....okay I'll have pity on you"

This is the first time I had to do/view the frunk. The engine lid broke a couple of years ago, emergency release behind rear light, no issue....smooth fix.

So this is what happened. Most of us purchased our 993 used. When I look at this mechanism it appears as though there are two points of attachment to the same latch (not a problem as each has its own bolt to secure the 2 separate pull wires) The bolt that secures one of them appears to be sheared off.

SO SOME GENIUS JUST TIED THE TWO CABLES TOGETHER AND RAN IT THROUGH THE ONE HOLE. This eliminates the redundancy. I hope the previous owner isn't an aeronautical engineer.

it's worth a look-see into your frunk release to ensure the emergency cable opens it. Next time front left wheel off just give a quick pull b/c if it doesnt work your SOL.

so now i have to figure out two things:

1. how to remove sheared off bolt is going to be like micro surgery
2. hood keep popping open during driving...i think that's just a cable slack adjustment...right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The impossible? Frunk release & emergency loop both not working