Beissbarth Alignment Station

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 12:39 AM
KM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beissbarth Alignment Station

OK. Earlier this year I picked up a brochure for a lcoal area dealer while at an ALMS event. Didn't look at it closely until now. They are really trying to play up thier service as having the 'absolute technology edge'. In support of this the brochure touts the Beissbarth Alignment Station - so sensitive that it can feel a hand on the fender during alignment. They also claim this is the only one outside of Stuttgart.

Does anyone know anything about it? Is it really that special or is it technology for the sake of technology? Will this provide a more accurate alignment or is it merely a way to justify charging more for one? I'd be more concerned that a measuring device with such sensitivity would be even more susceptible to losing proper calibration.

Any thoughts?

Kevin
Old 11-07-2003, 06:55 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't be the only one outside of Stuttgart - AutoClassica in Knaresborough have one! Yes, they are sensitive - but I wouldn't have thought any more than any other laser alignment equipment. To be honest, I think the guys doing the job are more important - especially if you have non-stock suspension.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:18 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Sonnen Porsche has one.

http://www.babblers.org/recommendati...f.pl?vendor=78

Just remember, it is not just the machine, but the person using it. I would not take my car anywhere around here except to Roger Kraus or Custom Alignment....
Old 11-07-2003, 04:04 PM
KM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, Bob, it is Sonnen.

Coming up on the end of the first year with my TT and will lose the "Porsche Certified" status. Have had signs recently that the cooling resistors may need replacing and want to do that before the warranty coverage runs out. I happened to notice the way they are playing up their capabilities and was wondering if it lives up to the hype.

My alignment appears to be fine (no drivability issues) but the slightly off-center steering wheel bugs me a bit. So, "while I'm there" I was wondering if its worth it to try them out.

I have had previous alignment work done at Roger Kraus (before my TT)and was very pleased. Its just a matter of time before Brandon gets to work his magic on the TT.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Beissbarth Alignment Station