Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed TT this weekend !

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003 | 01:20 AM
Glen
Race Car

Default Installed TT this weekend !

Very simple install. The only differences were a different wiring harness( the normal harness can be used also as the only difference is an extra set of distributor circuit wires and no wastegate circuit which must be added seperately.) So if You are doing a twin plug GT2 project it is best to use a stock naturally aspirated harness and add the wastegate circuit. There is a different fuel line from the fuel filter and a different throttle cable. You must use a natural aspirated 993 power steering pump and a NA slave on the transmission for clutch actuation. You could also use the TT clutch with the hydraulic assist but I chose the simpler lighter weight route. The rest is plug and play, heard there are halfshaft differences, measure both TT and NA and could detect no difference. The drive block works fine with the new engine and DME and it all really fits well. Although my car is a widebody I see no reason this cant be done on a NB. Another thing we noticed is the dual mass FW is identical for TT and NA and also interesting is that the RS FW is almost the same as a 996 SuperCUp FW. The SUperCup has some machining on the outer edge to further reduce the rotating mass. The clutch disc for the TT and NA appeared identical although there were some slight spring differences on PP. My car appears to weigh 2900 with the TT in it although we will get an exact weight. That is still with the AWD in it. I debated pulling the FWD but since I am selling it I just left it so the new owner can decide which way they want it to be. As You guys know it is obscenely easy to go from AWD to RWD by loosening 2 allens on the coupler and sliding it forward to disconnect AWD. Anyway thought You guys would like to know it was not difficult and it was a fun project. BTW I am looking for a sweet BMW GS 1150 and would accept it as partial trade for the car or the various race parts I am selling. Put the word out for me as this is a very beautiful Street/ Track car. It is very lightweight and fast although it retains all stock sheet metal etc...It is very trick. GT2 cage , GT3 seats, RS interior in blk leather, Supercup suspension, EVO uprights, monoballs, ERP, RSR tiltkit, on and on. Message me if You have specific questions on the install procedure or car setup etc...
Old 10-09-2003 | 02:47 PM
SPR
Drifting

Pretty neat stuff. Did you end up doing the twin plug conversion on it then? I am interested in this mod on a tt but I don't see how it would make much difference? thanks.

Quick Reply: Installed TT this weekend !