Sponsored by:

High milage Turbo S on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:28 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Only bid to $166k the second time around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331666763435?forcerRptr=true&item=331666763435&viewitem=
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Well, if it was only bid to $166 then the owner should take the $ and run! Lord knows ebay dictates the market
Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Car sells for $$$ on eBay: "The market's hot, boys!!! These cars are finally worth their real value!"

Car sells for less than I want: "Meh, eBay's for poors and dumb newbies anyway."
Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Car sells for $$$ on eBay: "The market's hot, boys!!! These cars are finally worth their real value!"

Car sells for less than I want: "Meh, eBay's for poors and dumb newbies anyway."
lol exactly
Old 10-06-2015, 09:12 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

You know back in early 2000's when I was looking for my 3.6T there were always a few overpriced or cars with issues that seemed as though nobody would buy them especially at the asking price. Interestingly the cars eventually sold at the sellers price and we shook our heads in disbelief. Sometimes it took a year for them to move but they did move.

We are seeing one car after another being discussed on the 964 forum and everyone saying "this looks like a good deal" then you find out it has a salvage title or hidden issue. As time goes on a high mileage car with no hidden issues will seem like a good deal at least it is honest. When the good cars do show up they are nearly $60k and not all that special. Nobody is interested in them at that price at least not those on the forums looking for a deal.

Time has come as they say SXXt or get off the pot. If you want a nice car you have to be willing to step up and pay extra, buy a rat and expect to dump a ton of money into it or move on. I missed a nice 91 tub for $11,500 last week a year and a half ago I purchased the same car complete but a little more worse for wear for $10k and sold off $13k in parts. No parts to sell off this car.

I don't see things slowing quite yet.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:17 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
You know back in early 2000's when I was looking for my 3.6T there were always a few overpriced or cars with issues that seemed as though nobody would buy them especially at the asking price. Interestingly the cars eventually sold at the sellers price and we shook our heads in disbelief. Sometimes it took a year for them to move but they did move.

We are seeing one car after another being discussed on the 964 forum and everyone saying "this looks like a good deal" then you find out it has a salvage title or hidden issue. As time goes on a high mileage car with no hidden issues will seem like a good deal at least it is honest. When the good cars do show up they are nearly $60k and not all that special. Nobody is interested in them at that price at least not those on the forums looking for a deal.

Time has come as they say SXXt or get off the pot. If you want a nice car you have to be willing to step up and pay extra, buy a rat and expect to dump a ton of money into it or move on. I missed a nice 91 tub for $11,500 last week a year and a half ago I purchased the same car complete but a little more worse for wear for $10k and sold off $13k in parts. No parts to sell off this car.

I don't see things slowing quite yet.
Not everyone is knowledgable or care to educate themselves to the level of a RL member when buying a Pcar. They overpay and then pay again to fix problems as they come up.

It applies to everything else in life. That is how this world goes around.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:01 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

i don't have a dog in this fight, but have owned and sold several collectable Porsches over the years. Some, of which I sold way too early and wish i had them back. But I digress....Am I just getting old, or is this car a rough example of a collectible at a high price? I looked at the pictures, read the description and thought, if you were desperate, this would be a good car to buy. There are so many little things that just don't look good and would make me believe this car has been driven hard and put up wet. I live in Florida and felt when people would pay premiums for a house and tear it down just to rebuild, then maybe its time to step back and watch. I wonder if you have to justify this car as a restore, then maybe its just not worth buying.

By the way, he has relisted it for $250K or best offer.

Last edited by clubrcr; 10-12-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:57 PM
speedy88
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a wonderful thing, drive the heck out of the car and sell it around the price when new!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 02:23 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

car is still not sold!?

Probably fails PPI
Old 10-13-2015, 02:46 AM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
car is still not sold!?

Probably fails PPI
Yeah, couldn't possibly be that it's just priced too high. Same goes for the other 30+ TT junkers on eBay/Autotrader/etc. that have sat unsold for months now.

Quick Reply: High milage Turbo S on Ebay