Sponsored by:

Need Help - rs sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003 | 02:52 PM
Stummel
Pro

Default Need Help - rs sway bar

Hi,

can buy an rs rear sway bar for 150 Euro. (~130USD)

I have the stock ROW suspension and some report from the porsche dealer says 'lowered suspension' but i dont know anything about it. The manual does not mention a sport suspension for the turbo - only for the NA models.

So the question is will a rear rs sway bar improve handling and most important for me will it decrease understeer if i set it to stiff level.

Any help is appreciated.

Stefan
Old 09-18-2003 | 03:25 PM
Stummel
Pro

Hmm, something wrong with my question?

I did a search before but found only questions concerning pss9 and the rs bar but nothing about only adding the rs rear bar.

Any comments on the price?
Old 09-18-2003 | 03:40 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

$150 for a rear RS sway bar is a great deal.

I replaced my rear sway bar with a ROW rear sway bar and noticied a reduction in understeer, so I would assume that the RS bar would only reduce understeer more.

I'd be a bit cautious when playing around with the settings. You should probably start in the middle hole(s) first and then work from there.
Old 09-18-2003 | 06:11 PM
Stummel
Pro

Thank you for your response.

Is it 'just' a bar or should their be more? On the picture i can only see a bar with three holes on each end. This should be the adjustability, shouldnt it?

However i just made the "buy it now" bid. Going to post experiences with this one.
Old 09-18-2003 | 06:37 PM
Stummel
Pro

Ohh think i was a bit premature, but couldnt resist...

Hope those drop links dont cost more than the bar, wouldnt be the first time with porsche

Is this part available standalone i.e. without the bar?
Old 09-18-2003 | 11:41 PM
Pete K
Pro

Many have built there own drop links using all thread and some ends. Not a big deal.

Pete
Old 09-19-2003 | 02:25 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I actually ordered a set of rod ends to make a new set of links for my rear sway bar this week. I have these curved TRG end link pieces with sperical bearings, but the things are non adjustable so they don't help for tuning at the track. The holes on the sway bar are not perfect so the links need to be adjustable in order not to induce any sway bar forces when you are resetting. Oh well, just another project...
Old 09-19-2003 | 05:45 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Where did you order the links?
I have a set of those TRG "banana bars" in a box somewhere. I assumed these were something to do with connecting the rear bar to coil-overs.

By the way, I was playing with pressures on the weekend (that's why all the air was gone from your tank, thanks, Bob!) and I found I had a lot of adjustment to reduce understeer without overheating the rubber.
Old 09-19-2003 | 06:14 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I ordered them from Aetna Screw Products.

http://www.aetnascrew.com/metricrodends1.htm

I got the 10mm with the teflon bushing which I think is correct (8mm bolt and then the bushing). If not, then I'll order a diff one. Didn't feel like crawling under there to take any measurements. When I get them, then I'll crawl under and if there wrong, I'll order the right ones.

I need to get a pyrometer again when I get some of the basic stuff squared away on the car (spring rates, sway bar stiffness, etc.) .

Quick Reply: Need Help - rs sway bar