Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 arena red 993tt w/13k miles FS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 06:34 AM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Christian, sorry, but this is an appasionate AC Porsche Forum not a flipper, stock trading Forum
ciao
Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mausone46
Christian, sorry, but this is an appasionate AC Porsche Forum not a flipper, stock trading Forum
ciao

if you say so
Old 07-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Everyone has their price at which they become a flipper. Some just have lower (higher) prices than others.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

To me, a flipper is someone who attempts to make a quick profit buying and selling a car where they actually have no personal interest in the car, it's just a commodity. They thrive on a rising market, and in some cases, actually contribute to the market rise because often flippers buy from flippers and the car just keeps exchanging hands and it only ends when a genuine owner buys the car and takes it from the market.

Flippers are good if you have a car because they tend to inflate or accelerate the rise of prices so you gain value. Flippers are bad if you are shopping for a market because they are often faster on purchases and drive prices up.

Owners on the other hand purchase a car not to sell it quickly, but to use and/or appreciate a vehicle. Owners tend to keep their vehicles longer, often years, and will take a profit of course if the market has risen, but that was not the primary goal at the beginning.

To say we are all flippers because we may sell at a profit is ridiculous, the entire business model of flippers is to move as fast as possible and get as much rise in the price as possible. That is all they are interested in, its core to their business model. That is why flippers who join this form contribute ZERO to this community, they are not interested in the community at all other then looking for potential profit.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
To me, a flipper is someone who attempts to make a quick profit buying and selling a car where they actually have no personal interest in the car, it's just a commodity. They thrive on a rising market, and in some cases, actually contribute to the market rise because often flippers buy from flippers and the car just keeps exchanging hands and it only ends when a genuine owner buys the car and takes it from the market.

Flippers are good if you have a car because they tend to inflate or accelerate the rise of prices so you gain value. Flippers are bad if you are shopping for a market because they are often faster on purchases and drive prices up.

Owners on the other hand purchase a car not to sell it quickly, but to use and/or appreciate a vehicle. Owners tend to keep their vehicles longer, often years, and will take a profit of course if the market has risen, but that was not the primary goal at the beginning.

To say we are all flippers because we may sell at a profit is ridiculous, the entire business model of flippers is to move as fast as possible and get as much rise in the price as possible. That is all they are interested in, its core to their business model. That is why flippers who join this form contribute ZERO to this community, they are not interested in the community at all other then looking for potential profit.

Cheers,

Mike
A perfect summary.

The part I bolded is notable to me because I tend to see a pattern on forums where current owners don't have much of a problem with flippers and the ridiculous market surge (gleeful gloating is how I'd often describe it...), while enthusiasts looking to buy are the ones getting fed up with the flippers' antics and who just wish they'd chill the heck out and buzz off.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like flipper = dealer.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:28 PM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike
perfect description of the AC market situation right now

this is a sad situation, but soon or later Mr Market will leave the money on the table and leave the AC market as well
Old 07-24-2015, 03:27 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

I would love it if the serious high end sports car collector would share his collection with us. Does Rennlist send out invites? It's more fun to just share our experiences with the Turbo rather than just tuck them away and brandish the sales. Enjoy the car!! Congrats!! Any plans to mod or road trip it?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:30 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Great looking TT! Enjoy.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:20 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 242 Likes on 164 Posts

They're beautiful cars and that's one of my favourite colors. Don't be like me and wait 5 years to install the Bilstein PSS10.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:11 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jusaur
I am working in lowering as we speak.
Thanks for the advice.
You got a really nice example!
Enjoy!

Quick Reply: 1996 arena red 993tt w/13k miles FS