Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow....$195K!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 02:41 AM
mulsanne79
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I definitely chose a wrong forum to have a constructive and meaningful conversation about which color perhaps is the least popular on 993s. I guess Arena Red is as popular as the Mexican Blue. Afterall, it's all the same when you are on the 993TT blog. Anyhow.. I am very happy for those that adore the Arena Red color.. But it is a bit disappointing to find myself to be the target for simply having an opinion. Damn, the Chsu74 gent even researched all of my posts so he could prove exactly what?? That I am a small time dealer, trying to earn living.. Heck, I am not hiding that at all!! If Chsu74 wants to win a metal of being the "Robin Hood" of RL - he has my vote. He has done a great job digging into someone else's posts. Noble work, if you ask me. Very NSA like, sir. And no, I have not bought any cars on here nor Pelican.. Can't do that. My finance company won't allow me to purchase from private party; only other dealers. So auction it is. .. So I do apologize for trying to gain some extra knowledge on these blogs and test my experience and know hows.. If that is a crime, well, I am guilty.. All the way. Cheers
Old 12-10-2014, 07:47 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by mulsanne79
I definitely chose a wrong forum to have a constructive and meaningful conversation about which color perhaps is the least popular on 993s. I guess Arena Red is as popular as the Mexican Blue. Afterall, it's all the same when you are on the 993TT blog. Anyhow.. I am very happy for those that adore the Arena Red color.. But it is a bit disappointing to find myself to be the target for simply having an opinion. Damn, the Chsu74 gent even researched all of my posts so he could prove exactly what?? That I am a small time dealer, trying to earn living.. Heck, I am not hiding that at all!! If Chsu74 wants to win a metal of being the "Robin Hood" of RL - he has my vote. He has done a great job digging into someone else's posts. Noble work, if you ask me. Very NSA like, sir. And no, I have not bought any cars on here nor Pelican.. Can't do that. My finance company won't allow me to purchase from private party; only other dealers. So auction it is. .. So I do apologize for trying to gain some extra knowledge on these blogs and test my experience and know hows.. If that is a crime, well, I am guilty.. All the way. Cheers
No trouble really digging up garbage with the search function. It took all of 5 seconds and my work is done.

Flags go up when another enthusiast complains of a dealer like you embellishing your own for sale threads using a second account name for personal economic gain. This establishes motive and character.

My intent is to link your other account name Dick Barbour with this one so forum members are sufficiently warned before making a purchase posted from either one of your handles.

Last edited by chsu74; 12-10-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:10 AM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might rub less fur the wrong way, if you stated your ideas as being your opinion, instead of as facts. There is a lot of knowledge to glean around here, which would be very helpful to someone who would like to make a living in this line of work. But with this audience, it would be better to be upfront, and not come across with a caustic personality, or try to hide your true motives. Be humble, learn as much as you can, and good luck. Just remember, an opinion is not a fact.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

I see no remorse here. dickbarbour or mulsanne is defending his comments. This forum is for the preservation, appreciation, and benefit of a particular interest....in this forum the interest is the 993TT.... not an individual's wallet.

That said, a forum has the remote potential to influence a market a bit and if you benefit from that by interjecting your own opinions as fact.... then that is precisely the objection.

I like to talk about values as much as the next guy especially since they are rising currently....but that's ALL you want to talk about... or can contribute....
Old 12-11-2014, 02:01 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 35 Posts

I am sure plenty of you love the Arena Red.. I am simply going from what's out there for sale at what price. And the Arena Red 993s are not moving as fast and are usually sold at lesser price. There is Arena Red TT for $85k with 70k on the odometer that has been sitting on the market for months (clean CF, clean title)... If it was silver or black, it would have been gone immediately. Also, according to the German market (not that we care, of course ), the Speed Yellow and Arena Red 993s are least sought after.
Where is said car listed?
Old 12-11-2014, 04:58 AM
mausone46
Racer

Also, according to the German market (not that we care, of course ), the Speed Yellow and Arena Red 993s are least sought after.
Are you sure?
Last week one 993 TT with 34k KM in Speed Yellow was posted for sale in North Germany Porsche Zentrum for 159 k Euro ( 190k $ tax included) the car is gone after couple of weeks
ciao
Old 12-14-2014, 12:53 AM
mulsanne79
Instructor

In all seriousness, I don't mind being attacked by the geniuses on here. We all have our own experience with these cars in different ways, and I am glad for all the enthusiasts out there to appreciate these cool machines and give me hell if my opinion does not sit well with theirs. What does tick me off tho, is the guys that will destroy someone's marketplace ad with their egoistic opinion. That sucks! Seriously! .. Like trying to sell any 996 non-turbo Porsche on here. IMS.. IMS.. IMS.. It's like winning cookie points. Who can attack first. But I get it. It was a big F up by Porsche. But you don't have to be mean about it and attack the seller because he has not replace the damn thing! .. Or destroy someone's ad because they have not taken part in any previous discussions and are on here simply to sell their vehicle. But oh well. It is the new era of "keyboard warriors" .. And it makes me somewhat sad because at the end of the day, most of us would have a grand ole time hanging out in some PCA event, or simply hanging out by the 7/11, shooting the **** about our 911s. Great wk'end to everyone.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:40 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

" keyboard warriors " I like that. Btw, isn't it egotistic?
Old 12-14-2014, 11:43 PM
mulsanne79
Instructor

I guess my spell check has ego of its own .. Must proof read next time b4 I post. Or better yet, lay off those late night gin 'n tonics.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:35 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You also don't "win a metal", you earn a medal. :-)
Old 12-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

http://jalopnik.com/5951249/the-best...s-ever-offered

Quick Reply: Wow....$195K!