Sponsored by:

PSS10 or NOT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C4Spolar
If you go too low with your PSS10 you'll need the GT2 uprights and ti-rods otherwise you'll be all over the place with bump steer. Roads in Canada are not the greatest, I know I live in bumpy/groovy Quebec.
How low did you go?
Je suis un Quebecer'
Old 11-28-2014, 11:10 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Like posted before, I'm lower than ROW RS height, so I just got the uprights in. Have yet to get the front aligned and will let you know on the improvement. i am sure it'll be substantial, or at the very least notable. Saw where original tie-rods sat and knew the uprights and tie-rods would have correct geometry. Can't wait :-)
Sunset for the uprights,tie-rods & bearings for about 1350.00, Done! Just do it!
Old 11-29-2014, 07:54 PM
C4Spolar
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM
How low did you go?
Je suis un Quebecer'

I'm at the bottom of my PSS10 at the front and I'm running Rennline camber plates, I'm about 6mm away from GT2/RSR ride height. Remember if you want to run Euro or Euro RS ride height on any 993 the proper way of doing it is replacing the North American uprights/tie-rods and replacing them with Euro uprights and matching ti-rods at the same time with PSS10 coil overs otherwise its a waist of $ and effort and you'll never get the car to ride properly unless of course if your 993 is a European factory car.

Compare the 993 PNA parts list with the Euro parts list and you'll see what I'm saying.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM
DRPM
Drifting

^
Merci for the info.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 281 Likes on 190 Posts
Default PSS10

Thanks guys. Took your advice. The "mistress' got this for Valentine's Day. Can't wait for spring!
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2015, 07:07 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Awesome, congrats
Old 02-15-2015, 08:42 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Thanks guys. Took your advice. The "mistress' got this for Valentine's Day. Can't wait for spring!
Nice gift
Check the rubber in the top mounts while you're in there.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:31 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good call Ronnie on the new suspension. I went through the same dilemma as you, and I guarantee you'll love the PSS10s and have no regrets. SUV ride height just looks wrong on 993s.

Be sure to post pics when it's all done.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:12 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 281 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by nr1416
Good call Ronnie on the new suspension. I went through the same dilemma as you, and I guarantee you'll love the PSS10s and have no regrets. SUV ride height just looks wrong on 993s.

Be sure to post pics when it's all done.
Nice to hear from you Laurance and I will post pics as soon as Brent gets around to the installation. Not sure your position allows you to participate but we have a good speculative chat going on here about 993tt prices.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:43 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
All rightey then. The "get 'ems" have it. PSS10's it is.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-24-2015, 02:02 AM
chicabum
Intermediate

Hello guys, jumping in... My ride height is lower than stock but higher than OverBoosted28, I don't really know at where it is, but I like it. I am also thinking about going with PSS10s. Usually I prefer the car to be stock but I don't see upgrading the suspension as molesting the originality of the car. Specially when it is done to a standard that is the most consensual upgrade I ever encounter to a 993T (PSS9s or 10s). I believe my suspension to be the original M030, but altered somehow to be lower. I am a little lost in regard to the uprights and tie-rods. I only need to upgrade them if I go to Euro spec height? And then, should I get the Euro spec uprights and tie rods or the Gt2? If upgrade the upright and tie rods, Can I still ride it at above euro spec height? What would be the difference? Is there anything else that should be changed? I am thinking that if go with the PSS 10s, then I should do it the best way possible to explore the full potential of the equipment installed. Besides the ride height, my 97 993T is completely stock.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 AM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C4Spolar
I'm at the bottom of my PSS10 at the front and I'm running Rennline camber plates, I'm about 6mm away from GT2/RSR ride height. Remember if you want to run Euro or Euro RS ride height on any 993 the proper way of doing it is replacing the North American uprights/tie-rods and replacing them with Euro uprights and matching ti-rods at the same time with PSS10 coil overs otherwise its a waist of $ and effort and you'll never get the car to ride properly unless of course if your 993 is a European factory car.

Compare the 993 PNA parts list with the Euro parts list and you'll see what I'm saying.
DO you have a picture of your car with the ride height? I am considering doing this. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by chicabum
I am a little lost in regard to the uprights and tie-rods. I only need to upgrade them if I go to Euro spec height? And then, should I get the Euro spec uprights and tie rods or the Gt2? If upgrade the upright and tie rods, Can I still ride it at above euro spec height? What would be the difference?
You do not need to upgrade your tie rods and uprights if you lower to ROW Turbo height. Although you should check your tie rods for any play, these are known to wear out over time.

Upgrading to RS/GT2 tie rods + uprights is typically done when your at RS height or lower to remove bump steer and improve steering precision. Based on your details I don't think you'll be setup this aggressive.

The only other item you should look into when upgrading to PSS10s is the front control arm bushings. These are known to wear out too, choices are either Walrod Bushings (buy from FD Motorsport) or Elephant racing (RS style bushings).

Here is some reading you may find helpful to understand tie rods, bumpsteer etc:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...suprights.html
Old 02-24-2015, 04:47 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

As Knight stated, you may not need (or gain anything) from RS uprights/tie-rods. If you are not low enough, putting these on your car may actually induce "bumpsteer". Do as he stated, make sure front LCA bushings are fresh/Walrods or Elephant. "Pin" your existing tie-rods if they're in good shape and do the PSS10. The change in uprights come into play when ride height has your tie-rods not sitting parallel to your LCA's. When you lower it too much for the design of the standard wheel carrier/upright, the tie-rod sits higher than it should in relation to the suspension. With the tie-rod not sitting in a neutral position, it basically has "preloaded" it's effect on steering, thus you get "bumpsteer". This is my perception of how it works and what it is. I may be wrong, so others are more than welcome to correct or clarify this. :-)
I won't get offended, I'll just learn something :-)
Old 02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
chicabum
Intermediate

Thank you for the reading Knight. I certainly understand it better now. I don’t think I'll go for an aggressive setup (I don’t track my car). I will measure the current height to see where I am standing, then I'll figure out what I need to keep it at the same current height, since changing to RS uprights and tie-rods, but keeping it high will probably result in bump steer anyway as OverBoosted28 said.

Quick Reply: PSS10 or NOT?