Sponsored by:

ATTN BAR (Bay Area RennGroup) Action Requested

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 12:44 AM
acastell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN BAR (Bay Area RennGroup) Action Requested

For those of you living in or near the SF Bay Area, please read and respond accordingly.

As you know, I organize the monthly drives. The number of requests that I get to 'Please add me to your list..." is doing me in. So, I am going to try to manage the distribution using Yahoo! Groups.

This is my fist time setting up as well as using a Group. From my brief time on the Group Site, it appears that we can update the Calendar (I added the drive this Sunday as well as the Drive in Sep 14 to Laguna). We can upload pictures. We can send messages from the site and everyone that is a member will get cc'd. Anyone can subscribe and UNsubscribe at anytime...

It takes about 20 seconds to join.

NOTE 1) You can choose you email options. For example, anytime someone posts a message to the group, all of the members are cc'd, unless you opt not to receive every message. You can also choose to get a digest at the end of the day. I do not anticipate big volumes. Basically, this will replace the emails you normally get from BAR.

NOTE 2) I have already sent email invites to the email address that I have. So, if you do not have an email from me with an invite to join the group, and you want to join, send me an email:

sc356c@yahoo.com

By the way, BAR now stands for Bay Area RennGroup ...I did not want to step in Rennlist's toes by using their name.

Please join as this will not work if we have to maintain a Group and an email list. If you do not join, you will not receive communications about future events.

Anthony
Old 08-21-2003, 06:34 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anthony, nice work. I've joined Yahoo groups. However, you should always post BAR drives on Rennlist so more people know about it.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:38 PM
acastell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do...I am simply trying to reduce the local clutter on Rennlist as well as ensure I target the usual suspects.

Great response...85 people have requested their names be added to the group...

What is the Group?
Well, this is a messaging tool that will allow members in the SF Bay Area to plan events. So, if you wanted to message out to the local folks, you simply send a message from 1 of 2 places:
1) The BAR Group home page found at:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAreaRennGroup/

Clicks on Messages from the left hand Nav bar and create a message.

2) Or, from your approved (the email address you joined with) email, send a your message to the below alias:

Bayarearenngroup@yahoogroups.com

EVENT POSTING:
Members can also post drive events to the Calendar. I have given all members read/write access to the Calendar. For example, if you are trying to get a group together for a private track day, simply send via one of the above 2 options.

Also, if you know of an autocross or a track day, feel free to post on the Calendar.

Anyway, this is not a Rennlist replacement, but at least us local SF folks can send messages to each other without clogging up Rennlist.

All for now...

Anthony

Quick Reply: ATTN BAR (Bay Area RennGroup) Action Requested