Sponsored by:

$400,000

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 03:09 AM
oshkosh99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See DiegoR,

"gotcha", this is what I said, the last link is NOT a genuine turbo S, it's merely a normal turbo, albeit with all sorts of turbo S accessories.

As we all know, most turbo S accessories could be ordered for any 993 turbo(or in fact 2S or 4S) from the works "exclusive" department.

The above car is a damn good "copy", but it lacks several details, like the steering wheel (carbon/leather with leather airbag), all little switches etc. covered in leather, and probably a host more things which could have been ordered from the factory.

The only "turbo S" options one could not order from the factory as far as I know were the genuine turbo S wheels (special finish) incl. metal "turbo S" hubcaps, and all the "turbo S" logos in the trunk carpet, rearseat backs and on the carbon interior; these logos this car somehow got and I would be very interested where he got it from. The seller did not answer my question to that regard. I suspect he got it from a scrapped/accident turbo S.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:18 AM
oshkosh99
Advanced

... so buyer beware on 993 "turbo S" cars:

The only way you can really tell a true turbo S from a well made fake like the above last link in my post is when it is type "993 780". And since there are people around remaking the stickers under the hood and in the service booklet even those stickers won't tell you the truth.

The only truth is if you have your Porsche dealer look up the VIN and confirm it left the factory as a "993 780" ... and that is assuming the VIN has not been welded in from an accident car...

As the '73 carrera RS have been copied and sold as the real thing to unaware buyers, I am sure this will happen with the TTS given the current price levels. This is why I am posting this. I do have a genuine turbo S and don't want copies to be taken for the real thing.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 PM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my Turbo S
:
Name:  993 TT.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  67.3 KB
and will cost only 200k
Old 08-04-2015, 02:53 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oshkosh99
See DiegoR,

"gotcha", this is what I said, the last link is NOT a genuine turbo S, it's merely a normal turbo, albeit with all sorts of turbo S accessories.

As we all know, most turbo S accessories could be ordered for any 993 turbo(or in fact 2S or 4S) from the works "exclusive" department.

The above car is a damn good "copy", but it lacks several details, like the steering wheel (carbon/leather with leather airbag), all little switches etc. covered in leather, and probably a host more things which could have been ordered from the factory.

The only "turbo S" options one could not order from the factory as far as I know were the genuine turbo S wheels (special finish) incl. metal "turbo S" hubcaps, and all the "turbo S" logos in the trunk carpet, rearseat backs and on the carbon interior; these logos this car somehow got and I would be very interested where he got it from. The seller did not answer my question to that regard. I suspect he got it from a scrapped/accident turbo S.
Such moron to list it as Turbo S that seller

Yes, I'm aware that many 993tt could be ordered with many options from the Turbo S from factory. For example my car:

My 97' 993tt is almost a Turbo S from factory as well except owner had to buy brand new the Turbo S DME and K24 turbos from the upgrade program making from 430CV to 450CV. But Turbo S oil front cooler, X79 side quarter vents, exclusive all leather interior including steering wheel aribag, etc were ordered, however it lacks from the Turbo S scripts of the door handles (no CF) above the glove trim (again no CF anywhere) and door sill, just say "turbo".

That seller must be trying to hook up a "ignorant buyer" or new to Porsche and make the deal of his life.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:02 PM
oshkosh99
Advanced

RDiego,

thanks. We have to be fair to the seller though. He first advertised the car as 993 turbo "S specification" but had pictures of another car (as Autosalon Singen often does initially until they have good quality pictures).

So I contacted him and complained about the wording.

He then replied with some pics of the real car, a lot more of which are now online.
After we went back and forth a couple of times he now has the car listed as a normal turbo, and only in the text he mentiones "turbo S specification".

You have to check their website out, they have different categories for "turbo S" and for "turbo", and it is now in the normal turbo category.

So all in all I think the current seller is representing the car now pretty fair. The price he is asking is pretty steep, but that is his problem. However, we all have to watch out a bit for these ads, and f something is not represented correctly we have to step in...
Old 08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
oshkosh99
Advanced

Mausone, (Maus 1? Ohne Maus? who knows...)

nice car, I like the "S" ! Greetings to Rosenheim, I live just 20km away, you might even know the spot on my avatar (Sudelfeld, Speckalm)...

Jochen W.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM
mausone46
Racer

Oshkosh
Mausone is a german-italian word and means maus-big or big maus
I leave near to Miesbach, and yes I know Sudelfeld, I'm sometime there with my Moto Guzzi
ciao
Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oshkosh99

This is the best TTS look-a-like I have ever seen:
http://www.autosalon-singen.de/de/fa...3%20Turbo.html
Even the carbon pieces carry the turbo S script (no idea how the previous owner did this; LA dismanteler??) . But still, the hub cabs are wrong, the leather interior is less complete and the type is not a "780". So they dont sell it as a "turbo S" although most can't tell the difference. Still a hefty price, but compared to others a 30% discount...

Greetings...
My 97 C4S had the turbo S carbon door pulls added at some point early in its life. Apparently the original owner ordered the oem pieces. I just wanted my car back to stock so I sold them to a 993 TT owner last year.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Maus = large WWII German tank ( 2 built ?)
Old 08-14-2015, 07:20 PM
mausone46
Racer

Wow! that was a big Mouse

Quick Reply: $400,000