Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homemade/DIY exhaust mod???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 03:41 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This looked interesting. Could possibly have best of both worlds. Bypass and muffler at same time with the flick of a switch. Packaging and weight penalty are only downfall.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  129.7 KB
Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Yah, looked at those a while back, the other approach I am toying with is to do muffler bypasses with a valve - its been done, if you search around you can find pictures. I like a louder exhaust except when I am coming in late at night for instance, it would be nice to tune it down ...

You have to really watch the quality of the valves, they obviously get a lot of heat. A lot of the cheaper ones will stop working pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Aneumann
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a fabspeed exhaust manifold installed with a muffler like the pictures above? I did a muffler and have the Garret's 24 turbos but I feel the OEM headers are very rudimentary the weld alone is irregular and I'm not sure both sides have the same flow ease. T urbulence before the turbos could impact the expansion propeller and not allow it to produce the potential boost. Does anyone have any info on the fabspeed headers. By the way I have an exhaust made by Mark who use to work at SCARGO and it gives me 500 + Hp
My guess is around 560 and Mike is totally right with turbos the less pressure after the turbos allows them to spool faster and at higher speeds producing more boost faster.
Thanks guys I'll be reading your reply's Tony neumann

Quick Reply: Homemade/DIY exhaust mod???