Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Stall? New problem....very eratic boost/bad idle...HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks guys!

Was the idle control valve hose the lower portion where it connects to the "Plenum/intake"?

Resolved! thanks again! Renn rocks!!!!

On a side note:

Had all my tools spread out on the intercooler and dropped a little ratchet down the intercooler hole that leads to the "heater"? ..... Couldn't get it to save my life...... Tried long magnet tools etc...... So went inside and got my seven-year-old mechanic... she reached her little arm in all the way up to her elbow and after about 30 seconds pulled it out.....whew..... So at $150 an hour for Porsche mechanic she earned herself five bucks

Old 06-03-2014, 11:33 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Boost

Glad it worked out for you. I figured it might be one of those after my bought with them. You'll find that it will be a regular problem if you don't address it. When I replaced all of those hoses, you can see that the 18 year old rubber has been compessed for so long it just can't do it's job anymore. They've been baked and have lost all pliability.

If your gonna replace any of them, do ALL of them or you'll have to at the most inopportune time. Clean the stink out of the bronze nipples where they attach if you do it.
I was just telling my wife that I will try and help any time I have learned from (my) mistakes or experiences sine I have learned so much from alot of you. Don't claim to be an expert by any means, but will post possible tips if I'm sure I MAY be able to help.

Aloha

Quick Reply: Turbo Stall? New problem....very eratic boost/bad idle...HELP?