Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right intercooler hose.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014 | 09:42 AM
dombeau
Instructor

Default Right intercooler hose.

Still searching for that vacuum leak, I might have found… The two intercooler hoses bracket were not tight on the intercooler and there was a little oil leak along the hoses. I removed the intercooler and looked for other possible leaks. Now it is time to rebuild everything. Questions:

While at it, should I change the gaskets between the intercooler and the motor? (the look just fine)

Take a look at the picture. The right hose shows a strange elbow, do you think I should change it or just heat it to reshape it or just put it back on the intercooler?

Thanks

dom
Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2014 | 11:13 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

That recessed area on the inner area of the hose is to clear some of the plumbing. Don't heat it up! Clean all oil out of intercooler/hoses. Get breeze or another quality t-bolt clamps. Use rubbing alcohol to lube hoses when installing. It will make rubber temp. slippery and then evaporate. The hardest part is getting the passenger side hose square and fully on intercooler. Check Shazammms previous thread for other possible areas that leak. GL

Quick Reply: Right intercooler hose.