Sponsored by:

Sale of UK TT Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:05 AM
WillBank
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sale of UK TT Nightmare

**I have read the charter (http://www.rennlist.org/charter.htm) and I don't think that I am doing anything wrong by posting this here but I am happy to edit it if necessary**

Selling my TT has proved to be rather difficult in these uncertain economic times - as some of you may have seen it was taken in by Autofarm on an SoR basis and the wonderful Karen went over it with a toothcomb, polished it up, set the tracking right etc etc and after 5 weeks no one has seen fit to buy it... (I am not advertising them and they have ceased to act on my behalf with this car and tho' they are a great outfit I am just passing along my opinion of them.)

It seems strange to me as it is about as fully loaded as it is possble to be with tracker, pss-9's etc.

In the words of the ad:

+ One of the limited edition Factory uprated 430bhp examples……and on a very late chassis - what more could one want?!

+ Superb colour combination and in very good condition

+ Under 33,000 miles from new with full main dealer service history and all MOTs

+ Full leather two-colour interior

+ High spec including air conditioning, carbon-backed electric and heated sports seats, electric sunroof, Factory stainless steel oval tail pipes, Factory stainless steel sill steps, PA1000 alarm/immobiliser, 3rd brake light

+ Carbon handbrake and gearshifter, darkened side repeaters, Tracker and the highly acclaimed new 9-way fully adjustable Bilstein PSS9 suspension uprate

Anyway I am going to take it back in and look for a buyer when the market wakes up again (who knows when that might be?!)

In the meantime if any of you folk would like to make me an offer I would be happy to talk it through...

Thanks for all your continuing help and advice - I am such a Rennlist apostle that I recently gave the address to 2 different Porsche enthusiasts when I was on my honeymoon in South Africa and Botswana! (What roads they have out there.)
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2003, 06:26 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear your troubles...the price oif the TT's have dropped a little as I see a few more in the low £40k range than I used to. I think reasonable RHD TT's can be had from £40k to £45 k now, which makes it a bit of a buyers market. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Rob O'Meara
Instructor

Default Price

Will,

It's an absolutely beautiful example of a late TT, but I have to say I think you were being very optimistic pricing the car at £56.5k. Two factors work against you, the market and the prolifereration of sports cars with cheap HP. My TT was £95k out of the box back in 1996, I would be lucky to get £43k now...

Regards,
Rob
Old 08-04-2003, 07:33 AM
WillBank
Instructor

Rob - quite agree with you. It was Karen who decided on those prices and I thought I would defer to her knowledge as she is in the trade. As it turns out I think we were too high (even though that £56k did include the Autofarm guarantee and complete peace of mind).

As such I am now looking in the mid-high £40's and if anyone wants to make an offer on that basis then I will be glad to show them the car.

Regards, Will
Old 08-04-2003, 10:19 AM
noony
Racer

Are you registered on www.911uk.com Willbank? A friend of yours told us of your story, and the unfortunate incident with your NSX on there.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:46 AM
WillBank
Instructor

Noony - yep - well spotted. Hadn't seen it myself... don't like the tone of the anti-ricer comments much but, hey, it's hard to be broad-minded when you own some of the best cars in the world (i.e. Porsches).

They did get their money facts wrong re Autofarm - see my reply if you are interested. I do not want the Farm getting a bad reputation when in fact they are the best people I have dealt with in the UK Porsche fraternity.

Anyway - thanks for the link - highly amusing. (PS I have challenged the person who wrote that thread to organise a day at Bedford Autodrome with his 911 and any others who might want to come - and I'll beat them in the NSX Anyone here want to come too?!)
Old 08-04-2003, 11:50 AM
noony
Racer

That's a bit unfair, his is an 89 3.2!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:57 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will

sorry to hear that the NSX was yours! Still, could be worse - hopefully nobody got hurt.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:49 AM
WillBank
Instructor

No - luckily the only dent to the "best man" was to his ego - he lamented to me later that "I can't be as good a driver as I think I am"... I tried not to agree too vigorously.

Anyway - all is forgiven and now I just wait for the garage to fix it - yawn.

Quick Reply: Sale of UK TT Nightmare