Interior carpet source?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior carpet source?

Anyone ever re-do their carpeting?

This cut-pile "sliverknit" is actually nice when newish; plush and soft, thick pile. But when it gets old and matted it starts looking like a bad 70's **** carpet the dog has been sleeping on.

So I called SunCoast Porsche. And OMG is $2500+ and a 6 month waiting period for them to "make it".

There are other sources that claim to be exact to OEM ....(heard that about 1000x before) but has anyone actually performed this restoration? Or know any reputable sources that are indeed a match to OEM?

Thanks

Joe
Old 11-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Indications are that the 964 carpet set works in the 993 series cars. I really haven't heard of anyone buying a "genuine factory" carpet kit due to the things you mentioned.
See here: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...rpet-sets.html
Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 PM
chrismmm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pull out the old and have an upholstery shop frame out and cut a new one piece carpet for you.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Joe,

Try GAHH - they carry silverknit. They also have a wide range of products for Porsche and 993. I actually had them recover my rear seat delete a few years ago and their colors are spot on.

Plus, they're about half of what you were quoted at Suncoast.

Try this link: http://www.gahh.com/store.php?cPath=...ts_family_id=4

Hope this helps!

Damien

Last edited by Damien Lewis; 11-05-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added URL Link
Old 11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks gentlemen!! GAHH is likely the most recognized as a reputable supplier of carpeting. They are professional, knowledgeable and yes less than half the cost of the dealer.

But I found another, Bob, from Applied Business Concepts. Apparently he supplies many of the re-sellers with their carpeting and he cuts some himself.

What I liked most about Bob was that he was equally as knowledgeable but he only cuts Porsche carpeting. That is a big plus in my book. Not to mention he gave me a 15% PCA discount and will ship across the country and I'll have it by Monday. Couldn't ask for a better experience thus far.

I'll let you know when I receive it if it is a quality accurate cut. To reiterate: discounted dealer $2500+ and 6 month wait, GAHH $1050 and available immediately, Bob was $600 available immediately. A very fair price if it is indeed quality cut sliverknit carpeting.

And all apologies b/c this is not exactly the most exciting post (carpeting...zzzzz) but we all may need this at some point going forward.

I'll post results of quality and cut when I receive it. I'm sure everyone will all be on the edge of their seats til then...ha!

Joe
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
ian 993gt2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Interior carpet source?