Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice...pretty quickly I might add.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

@ Shawn O ... I tried to respond to your PM but the message I received indicated that either you are not accepting PMs or not able to accept PMs which is odd since you sent me one...maybe you have to be a member to receive a PM
Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Shawn O
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Shawn O; 12-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Shawn O
Intermediate

Okay after 10 hours to Missouri and 10 hours back I can check it off the list. I'm tired but had a great time. I borrowed a trailer from a friend of a friend and my buddy and I drove from Birmingham to Missouri on Sunday. Monday morning got up and went to Wilhoit that morning. I woke up tired and grumpy as I felt guilty for the car in the first place and secondly am always worried about cars being represented properly on the net.

I believe the net (and all of us on the net) tend to make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to slight imperfections and I'm that guy. The car has a tiny scratch in the paint in a place or 2, a single cracked plastic piece in the door jamb, and a few scratches on the calipers from who knows what. But all that aside, the car is awesome. It's a used car with 23K miles and more than 15 years old and after breathing for 10 minutes and realizing that fact I'm in love. It will give me a few things to massage on the car and make it mine.

Car sounds and drives really nice. Turbos recently refreshed. Good tires. Perfect interior. Shifts nice.

I really enjoyed buying the car from Michael and he did his best to make me feel comfortable. A really great experience.

I'm sure everyone want's to know the price so how about more than I should have paid but less than 6 figures. Probably premium money but I'm gambling that worst case I'll just park money for 10 years and have to shell out for maintenance and insurance. I can't see me doing any worse than the 2010 M3 I just sold. Bought it on impulse, didn't care for it, and then dumped it 8 months later for 6,000 less than I paid.

New thread and proper introduction shortly. Car is still in the trailer since we got it late last night. Pics at the dealer for now...

Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
C4S993
Pro

Looks great ! Is the glass UV darkened ? Don't forget to put back the small circled rear tow hook piece.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:26 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

While you're at it get rid if the bumperettes, rear wiper, get the suspension set up and properly lowered, start the freefall into adding power and enjoy. :-)
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Shawn O
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C4S993
Looks great ! Is the glass UV darkened ? Don't forget to put back the small circled rear tow hook piece.
Err...don't know if there is one but I haven't been able to go through the car top to bottom yet. I'll look. thanks!

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
While you're at it get rid if the bumperettes, rear wiper, get the suspension set up and properly lowered, start the freefall into adding power and enjoy. :-)
Can you remove the bumperettes and buy fillers of something like that? I don't want to pull the bumper and have it painted and all that. I'd like to remove them though.

I fall into in to the "rear wiper is cool camp" but maybe after I've had the car awhile I'll mix it up. I "get" why you guys remove them but for some reason I like it. I do have to put some Bosch wiper blades one though. ANCO just isn't going to do it. For some reason I LOVE the front wiper setup. Cool **** to me.

Unfortunately, original shocks and the suspension are covered with old cosmoline (sp?). Anyone got any ideas? Haven't had time to search yet. Guess first thing will be to detail the undercarriage. I'm trying to finish my other project before this car goes under the knife but I have a list already going.

Dang....PSS10 is stout. I'll have to sell something to buy those. but talk about purty....

Thanks all1
Old 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unfotunately you'll need the euro bumper in the rear to lose the holes behind the US bumperettes. The fronts can be covered (I believe). You'll find the suspension to be pretty bad if it's all the original stuff. You can get a much better after-market set up without a punishing ride. Shop around and save. Keep us posted on what you're doing as you jump into the abyss with the rest of us.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So the question we all would like to ask,mileage and price. I am looking at a 1996 993tt with 90k miles, ask 60k, going to do a PPI on Monday, let's see.

BTW, how do you test for the 1st gear twist thing, is it really an issue, or a mechanics legend?

Quick Reply: Need advice...pretty quickly I might add.