Sponsored by:

Help in saving my TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Nooch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in saving my TT

Guys, I need help to have my TT repaired via insurance. Right now, pricing in new front fascia parts, adjuster has decide it's a writeoff. If I can find good, used parts ( both fenders, hood, TurboS bumper ), they may go ahead with the repair.
If anyone knows of / can direct me to such used parts, would be greatly appreciated.
I can't bear the thought of having it scrapped!

Adriano
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Oouch. Very sorry. Any frame damage? Airbag deployment ($$$)? Hope there were no injuries.

Oh, and make sure you are getting good pricing from the body shop. For example, here are Porsche OEM part numbers and pricing from Sunset Porsche:

Front bumper cover 993-505-311-03-g2x $1105.21
Front turbo s spoiler 993-505-982-00 $963.70
993-505-551-01 black grill $35.73

The "Euro" front bumper is the same price, if you wanted to do the bumperette delete (part number is 02-G2X at the end).
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Nooch
Racer

Sorry, didn't post any details previously.
Chick thought she could pull a fast left turn in front of oncoming two lanes of traffic. I was in the curb lane at the intersection, didn't even see her ( our cars are soo low!!), didn't even have a chance to hit the brakes. These cars are tanks. Both airbags went off, I was fine except for some airbag burns on inside of my right arm. I totaled the right side of her Chevy POS CRUZ.
chick has been charged. Damages are significant ( right pan is slightly buckled ), but when car was put on jig, right side only a hair off.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 PM
nrubenstein
Instructor

What are they valuing the car at? The first question is whether they are basing their estimate off of a reasonable value. 70% of $50-80k buys a lot of bodywork.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

There is a turbo bumper in the classifieds.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...nt-bumper.html
No Affiliation
Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Nooch
Racer

Car has an agreed value with Hagerty of $70K. With new body parts and all mechanical?cosmetic components, and shop labbour, repair appraisal comes in at $55K. They can get $20K for salvage, thus, no brainer for them to write it off.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM
techsis
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to see the damage. I can understand your distress.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

sorry to hear of your accident.
let them write it off and if you choose buy it back and fix it up with a used front clip.
the resale value drops considerably after a major accident like that.
just settle with insurance and replace it. glad you are ok. car can be replaced, you cannot.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:39 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Heartbreaking. Sad to see this happen to a black brother...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 PM
993 770
Pro

Originally Posted by Turbodan
let them write it off and if you choose buy it back and fix it up with a used front clip.
just settle with insurance and replace it. glad you are ok. car can be replaced, you cannot.
+993
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Nooch
Car has an agreed value with Hagerty of $70K.
Will you get sales tax on top of the $70K agreed value? Make sure you get this if your are due the amount.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Originally Posted by 993 770
+993
This is your only way forward from here.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

totally agree - it does not make sense to fix the car, take the money and start shopping. Its too bad the market is so hot right now, it will be hard to find a replacement, but it is possible. $70K canadian will be a challenge.

That sort of hit is sure expensive - corner hits twist the frame and do all sorts of bad things.

By contributing "parts" you are essentially paying the insurance company to fix your car - take the money, add it to the $70K, and shop.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
totally agree - it does not make sense to fix the car, take the money and start shopping. Its too bad the market is so hot right now, it will be hard to find a replacement, but it is possible. $70K canadian will be a challenge.

That sort of hit is sure expensive - corner hits twist the frame and do all sorts of bad things.

By contributing "parts" you are essentially paying the insurance company to fix your car - take the money, add it to the $70K, and shop.

Cheers,

Mike
I'd be taking a multi-pronged approach.
* Maximum insurance payout (add on sales tax, fair market adjustment, comparable vehicle prices, replacement costs, "off road" inconvenience, anything in the fine print or negotiable, especially if you've been with the insurer for a while and have other policies)
* Harvest (remove all the trick stuff and provide original equipment ... this will cost you tech labor hours, but will be better than the 0 cents in the dollar value of upgrade parts)
* Buy back (coordinate with wholesale/auction/dismantler sales side of the insurer operations to an agreed buy-back price as a salvage title ... this number can be shockingly low ... they basically throw them away and have no clue what they're looking at in a turbo)
* Rebuild to as new standards, full disclosure, use red tape process to have salvage title expunged (do-able in some states in the US)
* Rebuild to excellent standards, as above, but being smart about retaining existing fender (looks like an "in the metal" repairer could have that back to excellent condition, but it depends on the pan and around the hard points, a frame jig will declare the facts, if that corner is compromised at the suspension pick up points, it becomes a more difficult, but no less do-able job)
* Rebuild to track and driver standards (go ***** out, do a GT2 clone, RS wheel carriers, 2WD, seam weld, cut out the sunroof, cut the fenders, bolt-on extensions ... if this is a USA original sale car, I'm interested in buying it for this kind of project)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
* Rebuild to as new standards, full disclosure, use red tape process to have salvage title expunged (do-able in some states in the US)
Seriously? Sorry, but no repair will be as "as new" and if the car has salvage title, it should remain that way since that is what it is, regardless of the repair. That is so future owners of the car know exactly that they are getting period.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: Help in saving my TT