Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1996tt in Amaranth Violet.....a.k.a. Barney

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great car and outstanding deal for new owner. My only question is WHY?????? You never mentioned why you want to part with her.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

amazing price! I wish i could swing the deal right now...
Old 08-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Great car for the price - I had looked at Barney years ago when hunting for a Turbo. I rejected it because, at the time, I wanted something more pristine, but this price and the current market it's a much better deal.

My suggestion here is to really know what you are getting into when purchasing - check the front frame rails in the trunk - and if you are comfortable and it does not bother you, go for it!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People, people PEOPLE!!!! Settle down a little bit, sheeeesh! This insanity has got to stop!

FINE! I “left a little money on the table”, but with no fewer than 5 people saying “No” at $45k before I went public, there was no way of knowing. However, it is what it is at this point and without a single person actually looking at the car in person, there is no one here that can say $43k is a GREAT deal. Almost ANY car can be made to look good in pictures, but until you see it in person, who’s to really say if it’s a GREAT deal or if money was left on the table?

I have received 22 PMs or E-mails from people saying, “I’ll take it, no questions asked”. I have received 7 PMs or E-mails from people offering MORE than my asking price and I have received COUNTLESS additional PMs or E-mails from people asking questions, wanting to come look at it, wanting a PPI, wanting my phone number, etc etc…….I even got a PM from someone who was mad because I priced it so low and was dragging down the value of everyone else’s 993tt…….AND if that wasn’t bad enough, when I called a close family member to tell them that I had sold the car, I got, “$hit, why didn’t you tell me you were selling that car! If I had known that, *I* would have bought it……call the person who wants to buy and see if they’ll back out of the deal”. So, GREAT, now I have half of Rennlist mad because I won’t accept their higher offer AND my family is mad at me!

Here’s the bottom line folks: *I* feel I got a great deal on it when I bought it. I put a lot of care and love into the car during my 2.5 years of owning it, but the car has been in an accident and there is NO WAY of hiding it (either visually or on paper). I just thought it would be a good idea to pass the good deal along to Rennlist. I listed it $43k and I made a VERBAL agreement with another Rennlister for $43k. He bought a plane ticket based on that verbal agreement and I intend to honor that verbal agreement. That’s right kids, NO DEPOSIT! He said something and I said something and we’re going to stick to it! ……I know, it’s crazy, almost like the old west, but that’s what’s happening.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 AM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
Great car and outstanding deal for new owner. My only question is WHY?????? You never mentioned why you want to part with her.
Do FS posts now need to include WHY someone is selling something?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 AM
C4S993
Pro

Pls cal me Ben, I emailed you my ph cell #
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM
pmalenfa
Racer

Originally Posted by BLT4SPD
I know, it’s crazy, almost like the old west, but that’s what’s happening.
GLWS, you are a very honest seller!!! thanks for posting those details, it's nice reading this :-)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 550 Posts

You are handling this the right way OP - I would do exactly the same thing. I'm glad that another Rennlister is going to be the new owner and Barney is staying in the family!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM
cmd4
Pro

Sounds like the way a sale SHOULD go.....still refreshing to hear some people honor a verbal agreement and have a fair amount of trust on both ends.I've had too many slip through my fingers because of sellers not being like this.Glad to hear it and kudos to you!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

+1.. Props to the OP for being a stand up guy. Not many of those these days.
Best of luck with the sale and congrats to the new owner.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......................I'll take it!!!!! (kidding kidding)

-it's these damn cars!!! blame the cars for the mass hysteria

BTW I know it's not funny but Just loved your narrative comment: "…….I even got a PM from someone who was mad because I priced it so low and was dragging down the value of everyone else’s 993tt"

Ha ha sounds like the quintessential 993 owner.....we all thought that, we did, had to, but just for a milli second.....never would actually PM about it....wow....pure funny hysteria.

You are the most inadvertent popular guy on Renn!! Funny, but sincere congrats though! phenomenal integrity ....Renn prom King!

Last edited by Ridin Dirty; 08-12-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^ +1 Op is very rare breed in this day and age. All the best for a smooth sale and congrats to the new owner whoever that may be. Very refreshing compared to all the backing out of deals for higher offers I have read about lately on the board. Cheers
Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to the PO (and new owner) on the transaction. Yet another R-list success for both parties.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

The best part of this is someone will be driving around in a 993tt and purely enjoy it as he/she won't(shouldn't) feel scared that it'll spiral down in value because it got a few miles on it, rained on, or a pooped on by a bird(though that still sucks).

For those that have them, please enjoy your museum/investment pieces. I can certainly understand your position but I do feel blessed to be able to guilt-free drive mine and not care. I hope the new owner of this car does the same as they are great driving 911's.

Quick Reply: FS: 1996tt in Amaranth Violet.....a.k.a. Barney