Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screwed Again!, this time by Rennlister

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013 | 12:17 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Default Screwed Again!, this time by Rennlister

Well gentleman, this is getting old. I again entered into a deal for a TT this time from Rennlister TTLATION better known as Stan. We settled on a price for his car. I sent him a deposit on his request. I arranged for the importer, I arranged for the shipper, and I sold a large amount of stock to pay him in full for the car. Then last night Stan decided to sell the car out from under me to another person, who he claims just showed up un-anounced and offered him more than his asking price. Same story as last time just a different seller, but worse yet a Rennlister! Selling the same item to two different people is FRAUD!! Help me out here folks!!! This after Stan assured me that the car is sold to ME, and he told the other party that the car is sold to ME. Stan needs to end this transaction with the other party and stick to our deal.....WTF
Old 06-21-2013 | 12:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by xpensivewino
and I sold a large amount of stock to pay him in full for the car.
If you sold before yesterday's close, Stan did you a favor.

I sent you a PM earlier today. Hope it helps you.
Old 06-21-2013 | 01:04 PM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear that. PM sent.
Old 06-21-2013 | 01:09 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

A shoddy/irresponsible seller like that would definitely make me question his credibility and I will not pursue the guy any more. Can you legally make him sell the car to you probably, but knowing what he did to you, would you still like to buy his car?

To some people, few extra dollars makes a huge difference and to some of us, our word is worth lot more then few thousand dollars.

On a side note, 2 years ago, I made a verbal agreement on selling my very rare Turbocharged E36 M3 sedan with 16,000 miles for $32,000. Next morning another guy called and offered up to $35,000 and insisted on selling the car to him.

Tempting, you bet, but I called the first guy and asked him, I needed to know how serious he was so that I don't lose out on the other party.

Anyway, I sold the car to the first guy with out any regrets.

Just remember there are reasons why things happens the way they happen.

In this case both the seller and the new buyer are third class people.
Old 06-21-2013 | 01:31 PM
TTKan
Pro

This is a tough pill to swallow and I really feel for you. That said, I do not think you would want to purchase a car from someone that conducts their life in this manner . . . when people are inclined to cut corners, it typically pervades everything they do, including proper maintenance of their cars.

Good luck with your search! You will find the right car.
Old 06-21-2013 | 02:48 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Wow - I can't believe this. Twice now!! I think TTLATION should do some real soul searching. This scars his reputation in my eyes... I've only been a member for a couple of months so I have no clout. But that is really cold.
Old 06-21-2013 | 02:58 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Default Integrity

I've bought & sold a lot of cars & have ran into this before, when a car is spoken for it always draws more interest, offering more to burn the the other buyer is lower than whale sh*t, & shows the seller what kind of monkeyd*ck he's dealing with, It's usually an offer made by E Mail or Phone, when I've got the call that it wasn't a serious offer later ( most of time) I tell Em' to pound sand.
Old 06-21-2013 | 03:25 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

I just can't imagine making a deal, knowing that a person is so excited that they are getting your car, discussing all the details, like "i will send you the original radio, car cover, etc. etc"... Knowing that they are making all the arangements, making serious financial transactions that have tax implications etc. And then you just say "oh well, the hell with that guy"??? Who would do that. And now he won't even correspond. I just wasn't raised that way, my word and integrity are so important to me.
Old 06-21-2013 | 03:34 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

As others have said, if the seller is willing to trade his integrity for a few more dollars than what else is he willing to do/or not do to save a few dollars. I would just accept my deposit back and continue the search. I understand your frustration but in the long run you might just come out on top and find your perfect dream car.
Old 06-21-2013 | 04:20 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Sorry for your bad luck with sellers but best to try to put it behind you. May not seem like it now as I'm sure you got emotionally attached already, but the right car AND right seller will come along.
Old 06-21-2013 | 04:22 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear this, but take it as a warning of a bad deal. I wouldn't take the car now if it was offered for free. As we often say, buy the seller as well as the car!
Old 06-21-2013 | 06:17 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Many years ago, I made a deal to buy a particular vehicle, and the owner called me back and said that someone else offered him $2k more, but he would still sell it to me if I would match their offer. I suspected he was just trying to squeeze more money out of me, so I declined and bought a different vehicle. Years later I found that same vehicle at a dealership, and it had been traded in by the very guy I was dealing with. He had apparently never sold it to anyone else, but he got quite a bit less from the trade-in than he would have gotten selling it to me.
Old 06-21-2013 | 10:39 PM
techsis
Pro

Old 06-21-2013 | 11:11 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by techsis
Old 06-22-2013 | 02:07 AM
Pags993
Drifting

You may have dodged a bullet on this one. Didn't the owner admit it was involved in an accident? No matter that is simply wrong on many many levels.

Quick Reply: Screwed Again!, this time by Rennlister